Franchi 520 Hunter 12g

georgie15

Gents I'm looking for a replacement part which looks like a tuning fork and goes into the stock and I think it slides up the sides of the breach block.

I've searched the net and for the life of me can't find any info

Hope these photos can identify the correct name of the offending part

Any info would be helpful

Cheers

spring11.jpg

spring22.jpg

Edited by georgie15

Thanks for your input gents , m8 of a m8 did a tig weld , was on the crows for a couple of hrs last night and it seemed ok but I've a good deal on a Browning and the dealer is aware of the issue with the Franchi and has given me a fair deal on it so no complaints here.

Thanks again gents

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2019 at 21:34, Diver One said:

Wabbitbosher is looking for an old 520 action  for me so I can make a new "breach buffer block" as mine has dissolved....so that may be a source for you as I only need the dimensions so I can machine one.

can you access your 'buffer' to,get some sizes for me?

HI not sure of part you need i scraped a 520 and keeped some parts the beach block with fire pin cocking lever )( full trigger unit ) wooden fourend if your part is attatched to breech its available sorry did have part ths chap needed gone when gun scraped please contact if i can be of any help 

3 hours ago, weeneebs said:

HI not sure of part you need i scraped a 520 and keeped some parts the beach block with fire pin cocking lever )( full trigger unit ) wooden fourend if your part is attatched to breech its available sorry did have part ths chap needed gone when gun scraped please contact if i can be of any help 

Hi

from what I can tell it is fixed to the back of the breach, so that when the moving part of the breach moves backwards after firing it hits this 'buffer' to save a metal,on metal impact.

all I need is the dimensions of said part and I can make one

i will try to post one of my legendary drawings

hi thanks for getting back but sorry not got that bit dont even remember it being on my gun ether do remember haveing to get one for my webley scott made out of very hard rubber type stuff may be an option ? if any one needs other parts pay postage there yours about time found a good home for them yours phil

Thanks for looking

i inherited the gun, cleaned it for the first time in its life. The 'buffer' as I call it was just a pile of amber coloured crumbs .

i,have been told it is not important on light loads BUT metal on metal is never good!....and Franchi went to,the trouble of designing, machining and fitting the part in question.  All I need is  Dimensions and I can make one as I have the equipment to make most things and if not I know a man who can

i will get in touch with @wabbitbosher and see if he managed to find anything in his bits box

3 hours ago, Diver One said:

Thanks for looking

i inherited the gun, cleaned it for the first time in its life. The 'buffer' as I call it was just a pile of amber coloured crumbs .

i,have been told it is not important on light loads BUT metal on metal is never good!....and Franchi went to,the trouble of designing, machining and fitting the part in question.  All I need is  Dimensions and I can make one as I have the equipment to make most things and if not I know a man who can

i will get in touch with @wabbitbosher and see if he managed to find anything in his bits box

as i recall my 520 did not like 28g loads was very fussy but back then baikle cart did fine go luck 

• 1 year later...
On 06/05/2019 at 09:56, weeneebs said:

hi thanks for getting back but sorry not got that bit dont even remember it being on my gun ether do remember haveing to get one for my webley scott made out of very hard rubber type stuff may be an option ? if any one needs other parts pay postage there yours about time found a good home for them yours phil

Hi do you still have parts.