Well and truly bitten by the bug

Hudson12

Well folks I got the ticket the other week and bought the gun a browning B525 sporter and since owning it I have almost used it every day from clays to squirrels.This morning I had the chance to go out deer stalking with a friends dad and although i didn’t get anything what an experience watching the woods and fields come alive from the high seat then taking a slow walk up the valley and through a couple of woods a truly enjoyable morning out even with not a shot fired.I can see myself applying for the rifle next my mates dad who takes people on the DSC courses has offered to mentor me and help me fill out the forms ect.Tbh I was planning on getting the fac at some point but perhaps after I’d held the SGC for a while.He said why wait get in to them now I’ll sort the land and everything you need to apply for it ect.Whats folks views on this as I did have a criminal record albeit 18 years ago would this effect the fac or have I satisfied them hence why I’ve now been given the SGC