Have Entwistle Guns Preston closed down?

i wonder why the son never carried on with the business, it was closed on friday when i passed.

my gunsmith used to do weekly repairs for entwistles / pickup on friday dinner, drop off the following friday.

Shops been there a long time, be missed by a lot.

3 hours ago, Shadowchaser said:

I was going to pop in and look at a Yildiz in the next few weeks, that's how I came across the info.

Cheers for the replies and confirming it's closure. 

hello, phone Raytrade and see if another local RFD stocks Yildiz, they were waiting for another shipment when i contacted them and purchased the last 26 barrel 12g  in stock,  

• 5 months later...

I was trying to find out whether the shop was still open  as I was unable to access the website and in particular the Entwistle history. 

My great grandfather Stephen Troughton, gunsmith, founded Entwistle Guns, named after his nephew Sam Entwistle. I've an old sepia photo of Sam somewhere filling 12 bore cartridges and had the pleasure of meeting him in the 1950s. I did some shooting (badly) and chose angling and shooting with a camera instead.

Mike Shepley

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2019 at 23:41, Mike Shepley said:

I was trying to find out whether the shop was still open  as I was unable to access the website and in particular the Entwistle history. 

My great grandfather Stephen Troughton, gunsmith, founded Entwistle Guns, named after his nephew Sam Entwistle. I've an old sepia photo of Sam somewhere filling 12 bore cartridges and had the pleasure of meeting him in the 1950s. I did some shooting (badly) and chose angling and shooting with a camera instead.

Mike Shepley

I didn't end up buying a Yildiz in the end. 

As far as I know the shop is closed for good.  

On 24/10/2019 at 10:03, Jay_Russell said:

S.entwhislte are still trading as a whole sale shirt company.  - they do all sorts of shooting clothing. asumin **** the same company? 

I may not be 100% accurate on this but

entwistles had two,shops....one in blackpool and one in preston near the cattle market ( now a housing estate )   Later moved to their now closed location

at some time there was a split and the Blackpool shop,was taken over by Vaughan Landless a gunsmith

the shop eventually closed and Vaughan now does his smithing from Pilling. The S . Entwistle Clothing brand I believe is owned by his daughter Lauren Landless. I know this because he is my gunsmith

On 02/11/2019 at 23:10, Diver One said:

I may not be 100% accurate on this but

entwistles had two,shops....one in blackpool and one in preston near the cattle market ( now a housing estate )   Later moved to their now closed location

at some time there was a split and the Blackpool shop,was taken over by Vaughan Landless a gunsmith

the shop eventually closed and Vaughan now does his smithing from Pilling. The S . Entwistle Clothing brand I believe is owned by his daughter Lauren Landless. I know this because he is my gunsmith

The latter of this is true 👍

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...