Who carries pocket knife?

PPP

When I was a small boy 50+ years ago, I used to go out at weekends with a sheath knife on my belt to do outdoorsy things with. My parents were happy with it and my friends used to do the same. I now  stick to one of the cheaper Swiss Army knives for all the purposes mentioned by others.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had a penknife since my granddad gave me my first aged about 8 - carry one every day on my keys and use it every day, do still get weird looks sometimes when I pull it out to do something in the office.

Caused me a bit of bother when I visited court in Worcester, they confiscated it and posted it back to my house! 

I carry a leatherman  Wave on my belt most always. Then I have a selection of three in. or so  locking folders for dress up ; a fairburn/sykes  by Gerber I believe, spyderco delicia and several others. I carry what feels appropriate for the occasion. My children and wife also carry .

Similar to many of you on here I was given a pocket knife when I was around 9-10 years old.

Pocket knives "live" in certain places, my fishing jacket, my shooting/outdoor coat, and the wax proof body warmer that I wear to do a bit round the garden, cut logs, walk the dog etc. I also have a small single bladed knife in my work briefcase, which I have to remember to take out and leave in the car when I enter Welsh Govt buildings.

However I don't carry one in my work clothing, or when i'm off to town to shop, go for a pint, visit friends etc.

Cheers

Aled

Used to always carry a British Army one I dug up from the inlaws garden. But some scrote had that away, need to replace that. 

In the dog walking/rough shooting coat I have a folding lock knife as it's all private land. 

In my clay shooting bag I have a Swiss army style thing plus a multi tool. 

If I'm in my work gear I invariably have at least a Dolfin and folding utility knife in a pocket. 

Fishing box has a few in. 

Plus a few just laying about. 

Soon add up don't they?😂😂

I carry a couple of folding penknife in the front pouch of the game bag and have another couple in the car if i need one whilst im out  but got a fair selection in the garage and do most of my preparation work there then put the meat right into the freezers 

I only carry the gamebag for ferreting really and gut the rabbits at the end of the day to make lighter carrying , if we are lamping i just want to get home in the wee hours and leave the rabbits in a big plastic box and gut them when i get up the next day 

Leatherman micra for everyday, the knife on that is miniature and non-locking but does the job. I've needed the screwdriver tools and bottle openers etc quite a bit as well as the knife/scissors. As it's a very small multi-tool, I don't think there could be any argument against it. I still don't take it along if going for a drink etc though. Not worth the risk of an overreaction. If in rural area then it's a Swiss and if on private land then an Opinel or a fixed blade. 

I used to carry a pen knife every day at work as even though am office based I regularly go into the warehouses and inspect kit which means opening packaging and cutting pallet wrap and straps. How ever a colleague complained and I was pulled into the office and told that I must never bring a knife into work again or face disciplinary action. So since then I haven't carried one unless out on a shooting activity. We now play find the knife as no one ever seems to have one or its shared amongst 50 staff and when you get it its one of these safety knives that you struggle to cut anything with because of the terrible design and they are always blunt or broken. 

Snowflakes taking over the world :sad1:

On 22/04/2019 at 20:34, Dibble said:

Swiss Army Classic Alox on my keyring and something else in my pocket, this hysteria makes Knives more of a weapon.

Hi

Thanks for this suggestion, it arrived today, seems just the ticket!

I have a leatherman  micra on my keys, 

i do have a separate door key for when car is left at home, so if going away it gets put on that.

I am after another one for that key.

However....

I had to attend a tribunal at a magistrates court and was stopped and searched by security on the way in, they confiscated it, I said I would just go and put it in the car but no. I had to apply to the clerk of the court to get it back, at their discretion.

I did get it back...

:shaun:

Enzo pk70 is a great knife, s30v steel so takes an evil edge and holds it for a long time. 

Spyderco urban and ukpk are equally great choices. 

Doukdouk French traditional pocket knife comes in a UK legal size, and is a nice uncomplicated carbon steel that will hone on just about anything - edge of a car window will give you a screaming edge in about 5 mins, and it's all legal so you don't need to worry about ob stopping you, and about 15 quid. Great replacement for the opinel, which is a GREAT knife  but most models are illegal to carry without good reason.

For day to day pocket carry in the office a higonokami is superb, again non locking, great, easily sharpened carbon steel, quirky looking rather than scary so more people friendly. 15 quid up to hundreds depending on maker and steel.

Victorinox/Wenger- everyone should have one and carry it daily.

• 2 weeks later...