shot tower in birtley

well if there are a few chancers on here    game to make a few bob  go on google earth type in birtley and you will see a 200 foot tower    put the little man on walkabout   used to belong to   bicc cables    they tell me it was for streaching    the cables when made    i went in to ask the price but couldnt get  no sense on fella in gate house    woulnt even tell me who had bought the site     but its there if any of you lot fancy making lead shot

On 22/04/2019 at 22:07, propercartridges said:

well if there are a few chancers on here    game to make a few bob  go on google earth type in birtley and you will see a 200 foot tower    put the little man on walkabout   used to belong to   bicc cables    they tell me it was for streaching    the cables when made    i went in to ask the price but couldnt get  no sense on fella in gate house    woulnt even tell me who had bought the site     but its there if any of you lot fancy making lead shot

if you buy it i'll come working with you LOL

4 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Why would you need the hassle and expense of a shot tower anyway, doesn't most shot get produced by the short drop method and besides, what kind of saving would making your own shot make ? 

how many carts  are made in uk work that into tons of lead    then on haulage alone from turkey  and all other places over the water shipping handling charges is at least 120 pounds per ton lorrys running with containers from ports then returning the  containers and a million other things that cost    remember the short drop is a long method to produce quantitys   the tower as quick as you open the tap the molten lead goes down    theres not a short drop can gi  you 40 tons a day     keep feeding the furnace up stairs and away it goes   just like a shower head i am 68 next and you who know me   back 10 years and honest i would be doing it     no zipp in young uns now

On 24/04/2019 at 18:35, Continental Shooter said:

if you buy it i'll come working with you LOL

18 hours ago, Salmo said:

Buy it yourself , my god you can afford it . 

39 minutes ago, Hamster said:

Why would you need the hassle and expense of a shot tower anyway, doesn't most shot get produced by the short drop method and besides, what kind of saving would making your own shot make ? 

just do it i can make u 3 rich believe me     i reckon 2 men at 100pounds each per day on 4 ton only can make you 1600 pounds per day     better than drugs   eh eh

1 hour ago, propercartridges said:

just do it i can make u 3 rich believe me     i reckon 2 men at 100pounds each per day on 4 ton only can make you 1600 pounds per day     better than drugs   eh eh

What is the initial capital outlay to buy the tower and separate that from the wider factory works, then the cost of stripping the old equipment for cable hanging, re-purposing to be a shot drop tower with the necessary infrastructure to support melting the lead, the handing equipment to get the tons of lead to the top of the tower and of course dispositioning the made shot from the bottom, then the cost of fitting the necessary fume extraction to deal with the unavoidable health and safety and environmental legislation along with the containment and bunds to secure any lead polluted water from the collection area seeping into surface drains and the local water table, etc?

What is the cost of the raw material for lead ingots to melt down into the shot and what is the cost of storage and handling of that, plus the storage and handling of the made shot?

Also of all the cart's in the UK, how many are imported as complete with lead shot sourced at the local point of manufacture versus those are stuffed in the UK?

Gamebore drop their own lead I believe, but they are the only ones so the domestic market is you, Hull and who else and what is the estimated tonnage per day if you had say 60% of that market?

4 hours ago, grrclark said:

What is the initial capital outlay to buy the tower and separate that from the wider factory works, then the cost of stripping the old equipment for cable hanging, re-purposing to be a shot drop tower with the necessary infrastructure to support melting the lead, the handing equipment to get the tons of lead to the top of the tower and of course dispositioning the made shot from the bottom, then the cost of fitting the necessary fume extraction to deal with the unavoidable health and safety and environmental legislation along with the containment and bunds to secure any lead polluted water from the collection area seeping into surface drains and the local water table, etc?

What is the cost of the raw material for lead ingots to melt down into the shot and what is the cost of storage and handling of that, plus the storage and handling of the made shot?

Also of all the cart's in the UK, how many are imported as complete with lead shot sourced at the local point of manufacture versus those are stuffed in the UK?

Gamebore drop their own lead I believe, but they are the only ones so the domestic market is you, Hull and who else and what is the estimated tonnage per day if you had say 60% of that market?

so whats happened to  express and eley say the tower is 100k to buy chuck another 50 k to fix it up with everything thats 150k    nothing these days    can you tell me anything that will return you say 1500 a day for that small outlay    150k i have spent more on crisps     just restocked in fear of brexit   600k standing waiting to be used   nearly 370 000  pounds worth of powders and still short of swag    pallet of fibre wads is kicking 4000 pounds       never mind    we are totaly hopless    having to import all components   just a shame to see it get pulled  down

40 minutes ago, K85 said:

Anywere else in the world this would be a good idea. I dout youd get permision. Let alone the paper work

the paperwork i have in place on the said amounts for the quantitys per day without all  the hubbalu    the scrubbers for the enviromental side again is based on quantitys and must be  new ingots not  **** from building site ect   again i have a letter from the envoiroment office and at the end of the letter they wish me good luck with this project  the tower itself needs to be priced and indeed bought now     if say gamebore can do it in the middle of the city of hull as we so often hear from not so high a building   can we do it up here    i am sorry i dont roll over that easy   at 68 i still thrive on challangers    quite frankly i love it just i cannot do it all      cheers   george

1 hour ago, propercartridges said:

the paperwork i have in place on the said amounts for the quantitys per day without all  the hubbalu    the scrubbers for the enviromental side again is based on quantitys and must be  new ingots not  **** from building site ect   again i have a letter from the envoiroment office and at the end of the letter they wish me good luck with this project  the tower itself needs to be priced and indeed bought now     if say gamebore can do it in the middle of the city of hull as we so often hear from not so high a building   can we do it up here    i am sorry i dont roll over that easy   at 68 i still thrive on challangers    quite frankly i love it just i cannot do it all      cheers   george

More power to your elbow George! Sounds like a plan!

2 hours ago, K85 said:

Good look with it. If i was in the north east im game for trying. I get my antimony from a place near wolverhampton. I like to play with shot making

come up ill rent you a house i have 6 standing empty

17 hours ago, propercartridges said:

so whats happened to  express and eley say the tower is 100k to buy chuck another 50 k to fix it up with everything thats 150k    nothing these days    can you tell me anything that will return you say 1500 a day for that small outlay    150k i have spent more on crisps     just restocked in fear of brexit   600k standing waiting to be used   nearly 370 000  pounds worth of powders and still short of swag    pallet of fibre wads is kicking 4000 pounds       never mind    we are totaly hopless    having to import all components   just a shame to see it get pulled  down

100 days to get your money back then you on the pigs back      

On 26/04/2019 at 19:41, propercartridges said:

I don't disagree George and if the numbers you outline are accurate then £150k upfront for £1500 per day back is an absolute no brainer, needs more than back of a fag packet numbers though.  

21 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I don't disagree George and if the numbers you outline are accurate then £150k upfront for £1500 per day back is an absolute no brainer, needs more than back of a fag packet numbers though.  

eye and thats at only 4 ton a day as quick as you can melt it down it goes    they honestly tell me this method is capable of 40 tons a day   mind you will have to give the lads 3 weetabix not 2

4 hours ago, K85 said:

Dont tempt me. I still regret not moving up north 15 years ago.

58 mile to  the border then all the rabbits and pigeons you want   knee probs wi daft liecences

59 minutes ago, propercartridges said:

eye and thats at only 4 ton a day as quick as you can melt it down it goes    they honestly tell me this method is capable of 40 tons a day   mind you will have to give the lads 3 weetabix not 2

58 mile to  the border then all the rabbits and pigeons you want   knee probs wi daft liecences

3 weetabix and a stiff drink for the top of a 200ft tower

oh sorry boys forgot to tell you the 1600 propfit minus a few bits of expenses is a trade price so go on 4 ton and add 50pence a kilo to end user which will be about 3 quid a kilo inc vat    so at mo we are producing at say 1600 plus vat and we sell at 2.50 plus vat a kilo  we are now 90p a kilo  which is 900 pounds a ton times  only 4 ton is 3800 pounds per day   sorry everybody was talking  trade price all this time what a silly billy i am    well at 3800 i can give the lads 4 weetabix a day    and all the lead shot to victims on here at 3 quid a kilo nice round tower dropped   none of this square stuff thats going about at higher prices   now do you still think i am a nutter    cheers   g

On 22/04/2019 at 22:07, propercartridges said:

Crowd funding maybe?

What road in Britley is the tower?