shot tower in birtley

8 hours ago, old'un said:

Crowd funding maybe?

What road in Britley is the tower?

if you go on google earth  put the little man on walkabout in birtley head towards chester le street   you will see it on the right cannot miss it 70 meters high white in a  6 or eight sides its a proper job what a shame if it gets pulled down

8 hours ago, atf said:

Durham road, next to the Barley Mow estate

thanks are you in

46 minutes ago, K85 said:

George Any ideas on seives and furneses extractors hoists. Grading equipment. 

i rekon 50k will cover all that

7 minutes ago, propercartridges said:

if you go on google earth  put the little man on walkabout in birtley head towards chester le street   you will see it on the right cannot miss it 70 meters high white in a  6 or eight sides its a proper job what a shame if it gets pulled down

thanks are you in

i rekon 50k will cover all that

Whats the buy in!

6 minutes ago, K85 said:

Whats the buy in!

from my side there is no buy in it was only a sugestion thrown open to all on here as maybe like me there may be people looking for a challange   i have given prices of lead and turning it into shot by the long drop method then the retail price of shot makes it a nearly double your money job on a daily basis to run that in say 4 days a month and make over 10k per month is not dreaming   i can say no more   put it this way   what do you think about brexit and maybe your answer is there     cheers george

14 minutes ago, K85 said:

Whats the buy in!

ok start by doing a bit home work a lift would be needed to lift 20 kilo ingots up 70 meters     if you get time  do a bit pricing theres a lift maker in north hampton up the side of there tower i dont know what you call them    but theres a start for furnace about 10k  wots best gas or electric     got to be power on the site   then the altering a water bath and a chain drive buckets to scoop the shot out with very small holes in buckets to let water out   then a grader  for shot sizes    it can be done   believe me

i am looking at elevator manafactures   i see the northampton tower which was used for testing lifts has now been turned into absailing prodject  may ask a few quotations to these different makers for a price later today    but very busy wi carts need to get to livan st annes  wi 30000 carts then get back and make about 30k for scottish trip  this coming weekend to deliver and shoot a few doos   up round about turriff      its all go    c u later    cheers  george

10 hours ago, propercartridges said:

look at the money been dropped on these 2 videos on  you tube       lead shot production daugavpils shot factory          and another   shot tower how lead shot is  made 1950 british pathe  loads of sights on the gear you need

Thst russian video is what you call primitive but very afective

On 28/04/2019 at 20:18, propercartridges said:

ok start by doing a bit home work a lift would be needed to lift 20 kilo ingots up 70 meters     if you get time  do a bit pricing theres a lift maker in north hampton up the side of there tower i dont know what you call them    but theres a start for furnace about 10k  wots best gas or electric     got to be power on the site   then the altering a water bath and a chain drive buckets to scoop the shot out with very small holes in buckets to let water out   then a grader  for shot sizes    it can be done   believe me

I was wandering if a tar burner would work as a furnece. By my math 60 gallon would hold 2.8 tons of lead. And some of them have side pour spouts.