Do it yourself safe racks.

NoBodyImportant

14 hours ago, southeastpete said:

You are allowed to keep guns in an outbuilding? 

Is the barn itself really secure?

I asked about this once and was told it wasn’t allowed unless the outbuilding was really secure and alarmed etc.

Think you need to check out where he lives 🙂

They don’t normally worry too much about those sort of things ......

Awww shucks- beaten to it

3 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Think you need to check out where he lives 🙂

They don’t normally worry too much about those sort of things ......

Awww shucks- beaten to it

The wife has absolutely put her foot down on guns in the house.  I keep my nice wood guns and my expensive stuff inside locked in climate controlled vaults.  But I have stuff that I haven’t shot in ages.  We look at it as more as the thief’s fault for stealing the guns.  Besides most people have a cheapo shotgun in their vehicles anyway.  They had started asking people to not display them in the window and lock your doors.  But I can go to the grocery store and there will be at least one truck with a rifle in the back window with the windows down.  But people down steal around my parts.  When you get into the cities they will steal you blind.  

9 hours ago, sportsbob said:

It looks to me like somebody already has, there seems to be something missing to the right of the handle.

They are switching the lock.  The old lock required two managers to turn keys and the door would unlock after an hour delay. I don’t want to wait an hour to get guns out so they swapped the lock to a standard digital.  

I’m removing the safety deposit boxes and I am going to do something like in the movies.  Like an armory or something.  And some fancy lighting. 

53ADF75F-7FD7-4816-B752-5F040830675B.jpeg

2325DF38-FCFE-4A1E-BDDF-A7EA4E0A046B.jpeg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

On 23/04/2019 at 02:51, Newbie to this said:

He is in America.

Is it a rule that you can’t have a gun safe in a out building in the UK?   You would think that locked up is locked up no matter where it is.  I like to keep a shotgun loaded and accessible during dove season at least. I set in the blind for a whole day and see nothing then  I’m cutting grass and nail 15 off the lawn mower.  I spend more time in the out buildings the I do inside.   Unlike you guys on our side of the pond we have very short bird seasons to hunt.  When it’s legal you keep a shotgun ready. 

Edited by NoBodyImportant

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2019 at 01:45, NoBodyImportant said:

The wife has absolutely put her foot down on guns in the house.  I keep my nice wood guns and my expensive stuff inside locked in climate controlled vaults.  But I have stuff that I haven’t shot in ages.  We look at it as more as the thief’s fault for stealing the guns.  Besides most people have a cheapo shotgun in their vehicles anyway.  They had started asking people to not display them in the window and lock your doors.  But I can go to the grocery store and there will be at least one truck with a rifle in the back window with the windows down.  But people down steal around my parts.  When you get into the cities they will steal you blind.  

They are switching the lock.  The old lock required two managers to turn keys and the door would unlock after an hour delay. I don’t want to wait an hour to get guns out so they swapped the lock to a standard digital.  

I’m removing the safety deposit boxes and I am going to do something like in the movies.  Like an armory or something.  And some fancy lighting. 

53ADF75F-7FD7-4816-B752-5F040830675B.jpeg

2325DF38-FCFE-4A1E-BDDF-A7EA4E0A046B.jpeg

I guess that that would fill it ,looks like the arms stash from first Terminator movie