Reloading supplies in Scotland?

3 hours ago, humperdingle said:

Anyone know of a decent reloading supplies shop in Scotland (central preferred)

Looking for .410 consumables.

Tried Bushwear, and they have loads on their website but contacted them and they don’t keep it in stock ?!

I've ordered from Folkstone Engineering in Kent and had it sent up (cases, shot, wads etc). There's a hazardous goods delivery charge for primers but as I had 10KG of shot etc in the same package, wasn't unreasonable cost. 

If you want to shop in person then contact Ed at Edinburgh Rifles & Sporting Goods. He stocks powder, primers etc and can order in anything else you need e.g shot. ERSG is my usual RFD and I purchased some Lil Gun powder from him for my .410 loads. 

3 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

I collect from Claygame at Scone each year

I was going to do that last year but couldn't find any evidence of them being there either online or indeed when I was there. Pretty disappointed by Scone overall recently. Expensive tickets, extra for parking and not even that many guns. Couldn't find a single shotgun cartridge or cartridge loading component either! 

1 hour ago, HW95J said:

I've ordered from Folkstone Engineering in Kent and had it sent up (cases, shot, wads etc). There's a hazardous goods delivery charge for primers but as I had 10KG of shot etc in the same package, wasn't unreasonable cost. 

If you want to shop in person then contact Ed at Edinburgh Rifles & Sporting Goods. He stocks powder, primers etc and can order in anything else you need e.g shot. ERSG is my usual RFD and I purchased some Lil Gun powder from him for my .410 loads. 

I was going to do that last year but couldn't find any evidence of them being there either online or indeed when I was there. Pretty disappointed by Scone overall recently. Expensive tickets, extra for parking and not even that many guns. Couldn't find a single shotgun cartridge or cartridge loading component either! 

Claygame were tucked away in the wrong place by the organisers and were pretty hacked off last year. Doubt it will happen this year. I go each year as much as I like the atmosphere. I also see them at the Northern Shooting Show.

15 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Claygame were tucked away in the wrong place by the organisers and were pretty hacked off last year. Doubt it will happen this year. I go each year as much as I like the atmosphere. I also see them at the Northern Shooting Show.

Typical, I asked at every gun shop if they knew of any reloading stalls and none of them did. Did you find out where they had been put? 

13 hours ago, HW95J said:

Typical, I asked at every gun shop if they knew of any reloading stalls and none of them did. Did you find out where they had been put? 

Yes they were in a little island of mixed stalls at the end of a clothing and nicnacs row. I always order my years supplies by telephone and pick them up at Scone. Worth speaking to them if you want anything this year.

• 1 month later...

Clay&Game and FE for me, but go into Bushwear and speak to them. 

I'd contacted Bushwear and got the "not in stock answer" myself. I was passing by their Perth shop so called in for a set of dippers. Got talking to the guy who made a few enquiries and lo and behold, if he didn't turn me up a tub of H110 for me to collect the following week.   

I don't reload, but earlier this week I was in the new Edinburgh Rifles & Sporting Goods shop on Comiston Road (Edinburgh, funnily enough).  They have reloading supplies, although I couldn't comment on specifically what.

I was thoroughly pleased with my new (to me) 686S and got a fair price on my trade in too.  Well chuffed.

On 03/06/2019 at 09:36, Rake aboot said:

I'm sure I saw that 686 when I was in.

Ed's a pleasure to deal with btw. The shop was rammed when I was in last Monday so it's obviously been needed in Edinburgh. The other shop in Edinburgh is utter garbage and not even worth a quick visit for a browse.

The Edinburgh Field Sports one down in Granton?

On 03/06/2019 at 09:36, Rake aboot said:

I'm sure I saw that 686 when I was in.

Ed's a pleasure to deal with btw. The shop was rammed when I was in last Monday so it's obviously been needed in Edinburgh. The other shop in Edinburgh is utter garbage and not even worth a quick visit for a browse.

They do have a fishing rod or two though 😄.

My experience with Ed (bought two guns actually, a year or two apart) has been nothing but positive. I’ll be back and have recommend him to others, can’t say I’ve done that with any other RFDs, or even any business in general. 

Edited by hod

On 04/06/2019 at 20:17, Rake aboot said:

Very same. Total waste of time.

That it is, their ammo prices are something else. To be fair I had a great chat with the guy in there the one time I visited, looked at various guns etc.  Couldn't fault the customer service in that respect but nothing else about the place was doing it for me! They had a selection of absolute scrap as project guns but at prices for which you could buy something decent elsewhere. Not sure who uses them to be honest, probably propped up by the fishing side of the shop along with the occasional muppet who wants to fork out for an overpriced slab of Hull 😂

The guy that worked there got the bullet for plinking seagulls out the back door of the unit during his lunchbreak !

New guys are minimum wage short termers with no knowledge of guns or shooting. New guns are in shoddy condition, old guns are rubbish, everything is overpriced.

The shop should be shut until it can be ran properly.

was it the manager or the other guy that got the bullet?

To be honest, to me is a fishing store with an RFD in it and nothing else, they don't seem to be wanting to make money with that part of the business: being part of Glasgow Angling centre, they should know that low prices and offering are key to attract clients but with the shop they use the opposite tactic: high prices and little offering.

But for a little time they fulfilled the void left by the closure of Disckson & Son as the monopoly holder in Edinburgh... although I suspect they're heading the same way as Country life and Dickson .... Edinburgh doesn't seem to be a good place to run gun shop or be a shooter

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...