US President to make State Visit in June

JohnfromUK

On 23/04/2019 at 18:25, JohnfromUK said:

Because we do things like 'pomp and ceremony' better than anywhere else in the world - and he will lve that as he comes towards trying to get elected for a second term.

I don't think she will ever go overseas again either.

Pomp and ceremony comes at a price.

Having said that, I like the guy. I don't think he gets the respect his position deserves. How many times do you hear him referred to as 'Trump' on the news or when being discussed on various programmes.

A breath of fresh air, in my humble opinion.

Whatever people think of the President, he remains the leader of the Western free world, and the office holder should be respected for no other reason than he is there by the grace of the USA's democratic process.  For our mouthpiece of a Speaker of the Commons to say he will do all in his power to prevent a state visit to parliament, that is not his call and if he digs his heals in, he is denying the democratic process that elected Mr Trump and is insulting the USA voting population.

As others have correctly observed, Trump hasn't got the blood on his hands of the countless thousands of innocent souls that Obama and our our Bliar have from their pro-war, pro abortion stances.  He's done more to protect the US and to at least try and restore some moral compass, however much a hypocrite some might see him as.

Before criticising Trump, we need to look first to our own back yard...recent years have witnessed a steep decline in UK politics and politicians...Bliar, Brown, Cameron and May...what a shower of sh8T the lot of them have been.  May needs to go, the sooner the better but there's fat chance of that until December unless a general election is called. 

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

Bearing in mind some of the characters and world stage leaders our 'establishment' have courted in the past, I am puzzled to find a reason why Trumps' visit should be objected to. 

The reason being the "political elite" and loony left do not like him because he is slightly right of centre, not "of the establishment" and says it like it is.

13 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

The reason being the "political elite" and loony left do not like him because he is slightly right of centre, not "of the establishment" and says it like it is.

Quite right.  It is almost exclusively the 'lefties' who don't like him.  Why?  Because he is a wealthy successful businessman who believes in getting to the top.  They despise the wealthy and hate anyone 'bettering' themselves.

Anti-left wing rant coming on (amongst other things!)....soz, it's a bit long but it's been boiling over for a while:

tbh, I find almost all of the left wing establishment in the UK thoroughly objectionable, hypocritical, corrupt, immoral and hell bent on imposing a collection of minority PC views on the majority, bit by bit removing the right to free speech and personal beliefs.  They are succeeding by and large and there's even been some outrageous changes to school obligations specifically for teaching RE and "relationships" and that under our present Conservative government.  I lobbied my MP to stand up for parents rights a few weeks back after the government introduced new statute making it compulsory, even for primary school children, to be taught that it is normal to have homosexual parents, that this new BS gender teaching (ie it's ok and normal to "change" genders etc) and that it's wrong to take any moral stand point as it could offend minorities.  The worrying change was that previously, parents could reserve the right to have their children removed from such teaching...that right has now been revoked.  As a parent, I find such imposed obligations in schools sinister, nasty, thoroughly objectionable but my labour MP couldn't have cared less, saying that he agreed with the new laws.  As things stand, I'll go to jail before I'll allow my child to attend these lessons and have already told the school that he's being removed from class and home schooled the days these things are on the agenda.  They support my views but their hands are tied.

This is just one example of how amoral left wing evils  have shaped our society.  It is done under whatever government seems to be in power so there's little difference in the PC nature underlying them all.  It continues to remove vestiges of both tradition, traditional values, faith, morals and replaces it with the new world order promulgated by the EU where we are being socially engineered to support or believe only the standpoints that they say are ok. That now in the UK includes anti-bloodsports issues where animals have now better protection that us humans, and where studied and intelligent land management and species conservation is sacrificed on the altar of minority views, including those of that subversive man Packham, who was allegedly himself in trouble with the law when younger after killing a protected bird of Prey. It's outrageous and how we've come to this point, heaven only knows.  There's going to be one heck of a backlash in due course if this interference continues and this wholesale secularisation and forcing left wing views as "the norm" continues.

Corbyn is nothing less than a traitor.  I grew up in N Ireland during the troubles, and he he was thick as thieves with Gerry Adams and crew, and at every opportunity has sided with subversives, Marxists and terrorists including Hamas and Hezbollah, whom he once called his "friends".  This man and his cronies now lead one of the main parties originally set up to look after the interests and see fair play for the working man and woman and to protect low income families against some of the tyrannies of the old class system.  It's a disgrace that he and his ever got into power as they have destroyed everything that old Labour stood for.

Whilst there may be several main parties all that really separates a bulk of what they believe or represent, is their political colour.  They're all the same, just different colours.

Lets cross fingers that Farage manages to field enough candidates for the next general election...politics in the UK needs a radical shake up, starting with politicians actually doing what they say and respecting the democratic process, not abusing it as they all currently do.

Edited by Savhmr

4 minutes ago, Savhmr said:

tbh, I find almost all of the left wing establishment in the UK thoroughly objectionable, hypocritical, corrupt, immoral and hell bent on imposing a collection of minority PC views on the majority, bit by bit removing the right to free speech and personal beliefs.

+1 - and to the majority of the post

56 minutes ago, Savhmr said:

Anti-left wing rant coming on (amongst other things!)....soz, it's a bit long but it's been boiling over for a while:

tbh, I find almost all of the left wing establishment in the UK thoroughly objectionable, hypocritical, corrupt, immoral and hell bent on imposing a collection of minority PC views on the majority, bit by bit removing the right to free speech and personal beliefs.  They are succeeding by and large and there's even been some outrageous changes to school obligations specifically for teaching RE and "relationships" and that under our present Conservative government.  I lobbied my MP to stand up for parents rights a few weeks back after the government introduced new statute making it compulsory, even for primary school children, to be taught that it is normal to have homosexual parents, that this new BS gender teaching (ie it's ok and normal to "change" genders etc) and that it's wrong to take any moral stand point as it could offend minorities.  The worrying change was that previously, parents could reserve the right to have their children removed from such teaching...that right has now been revoked.  As a parent, I find such imposed obligations in schools sinister, nasty, thoroughly objectionable but my labour MP couldn't have cared less, saying that he agreed with the new laws.  As things stand, I'll go to jail before I'll allow my child to attend these lessons and have already told the school that he's being removed from class and home schooled the days these things are on the agenda.  They support my views but their hands are tied.

This is just one example of how amoral left wing evils  have shaped our society.  It is done under whatever government seems to be in power so there's little difference in the PC nature underlying them all.  It continues to remove vestiges of both tradition, traditional values, faith, morals and replaces it with the new world order promulgated by the EU where we are being socially engineered to support or believe only the standpoints that they say are ok. That now in the UK includes anti-bloodsports issues where animals have now better protection that us humans, and where studied and intelligent land management and species conservation is sacrificed on the altar of minority views, including those of that subversive man Packham, who was allegedly himself in trouble with the law when younger after killing a protected bird of Prey. It's outrageous and how we've come to this point, heaven only knows.  There's going to be one heck of a backlash in due course if this interference continues and this wholesale secularisation and forcing left wing views as "the norm" continues.

Corbyn is nothing less than a traitor.  I grew up in N Ireland during the troubles, and he he was thick as thieves with Gerry Adams and crew, and at every opportunity has sided with subversives, Marxists and terrorists including Hamas and Hezbollah, whom he once called his "friends".  This man and his cronies now lead one of the main parties originally set up to look after the interests and see fair play for the working man and woman and to protect low income families against some of the tyrannies of the old class system.  It's a disgrace that he and his ever got into power as they have destroyed everything that old Labour stood for.

Whilst there may be several main parties all that really separates a bulk of what they believe or represent, is their political colour.  They're all the same, just different colours.

Lets cross fingers that Farage manages to field enough candidates for the next general election...politics in the UK needs a radical shake up, starting with politicians actually doing what they say and respecting the democratic process, not abusing it as they all currently do.

Excellent post and it covers so much of what is wrong in the UK today.

1 hour ago, Savhmr said:

:good:

13 hours ago, Savhmr said:

well said sir.

I don't pretend to be a fan of Trump but look at this as a celebration of his Position and the relationship this country has with the US.

We DO have a special relationship with the US, despite many differences, (its pretty remarkable really since the War of Independence) and I would take them as an ally any day over most of the EU rabble.

Frankly I'd take Trump personally as an ally over the likes of Comrade Corbyn and Sadiq Khan!

Trump is patriotic to his home country America first is his motto .This man should be leading brexit   could you imagine him saying to junckers "The last time a junckers flew over the uk it got shot down" could you here the remarks? he is coming to commemorate the d day landings the rest of europe should do the same  a good guy we need more in politics like him to sort out the snowflakes 

On 27/04/2019 at 18:23, Savhmr said:

Wow!  Well said!

11 hours ago, butchdickason said:

The changes in society are here to stay, there is no going back now to what is my understanding of normal, modern generations view of normal and my view are different to say the least.

I don't especially believe that everything will be here to stay, without change.  That view unfortunately denies hope and there's always hope. All it takes is for a majority of decent folk to wake up, smell the coffee and firstly, get us out of the EU and our binding to their foul laws and edicts, secondly to realise that the economy, whilst it will suffer shorter term, will pick up longer term which is a price worth paying. To stay now, after we've shown our hand as a weak and subservient nation, a lap dog with a loud yap but no teeth will weaken our position within the EU.  Most Remainers now accede to this view, brexiteers know this.  Our current position is no-man's land and both sides have lost. Some Remainers think we can get back to where we were before Cameron destroyed the last vestiges of power we had (history will judge him, Blair and May for what they have collectively done to the UK).  However, the EU have told us that is not going to happen...why?  because we've given back any hope of ever recovering some of the strong vetos we had and of some exclusions which in essence will raise both the cost of membership to us if we remain and weaken our self government even more.  A clean break is now required.

The position we're in now is the direct result of changes made primarily by the older generation (ie us).  Wholesale secularisation, even though Christianity is now only practised by a minority, has weakened the UK's moral compass and allowed things like gender neutrality and all the other abominations to become the PC norm, even in schools.  Had we stuck to our largely Christian formed past moral structures and principles whether folk believe or not, we'd have a more stable and I'm sure a happier society, that and limited immigration to sensible levels.  As it is our services are stretched to bursting point, pc madness has run amok, all forced on us by regulation and the UK civil service adaptation and imposition of Statutes demeaning and disordered to the normal human state, and as a direct result, humanity here has lost its dignity.  Further, we are now inviting the young, with no experience, with PC views forced on them by erroneous teaching to have a bigger say in the future.  Whatever happened to wisdom and guidance, which all of us needed and if we're brutally honest, into our 20's?

In short, the UK has lost its wisdom, lost its principles, and lost its strength.  There's always hope that we can regain ground and improve, goodness knows we need to, but that takes us all being shaken out of apathy and voting wisely come the elections, and also changing the way we view ourselves and the world.  We need to open our eyes and be wiser.

Edited by Savhmr

On 29/04/2019 at 08:43, Savhmr said:

I don't especially believe that everything will be here to stay, without change.  That view unfortunately denies hope and there's always hope. All it takes is for a majority of decent folk to wake up, smell the coffee and firstly, get us out of the EU and our binding to their foul laws and edicts, secondly to realise that the economy, whilst it will suffer shorter term, will pick up longer term which is a price worth paying. To stay now, after we've shown our hand as a weak and subservient nation, a lap dog with a loud yap but no teeth will weaken our position within the EU.  Most Remainers now accede to this view, brexiteers know this.  Our current position is no-man's land and both sides have lost. Some Remainers think we can get back to where we were before Cameron destroyed the last vestiges of power we had (history will judge him, Blair and May for what they have collectively done to the UK).  However, the EU have told us that is not going to happen...why?  because we've given back any hope of ever recovering some of the strong vetos we had and of some exclusions which in essence will raise both the cost of membership to us if we remain and weaken our self government even more.  A clean break is now required.

The position we're in now is the direct result of changes made primarily by the older generation (ie us).  Wholesale secularisation, even though Christianity is now only practised by a minority, has weakened the UK's moral compass and allowed things like gender neutrality and all the other abominations to become the PC norm, even in schools.  Had we stuck to our largely Christian formed past moral structures and principles whether folk believe or not, we'd have a more stable and I'm sure a happier society, that and limited immigration to sensible levels.  As it is our services are stretched to bursting point, pc madness has run amok, all forced on us by regulation and the UK civil service adaptation and imposition of Statutes demeaning and disordered to the normal human state, and as a direct result, humanity here has lost its dignity.  Further, we are now inviting the young, with no experience, with PC views forced on them by erroneous teaching to have a bigger say in the future.  Whatever happened to wisdom and guidance, which all of us needed and if we're brutally honest, into our 20's?

In short, the UK has lost its wisdom, lost its principles, and lost its strength.  There's always hope that we can regain ground and improve, goodness knows we need to, but that takes us all being shaken out of apathy and voting wisely come the elections, and also changing the way we view ourselves and the world.  We need to open our eyes and be wiser.

BRILLIANT!

7 hours ago, manthing said:

Is this the same Mr President who thinks suicide bombers should get the death penelty?

Only the ones whose bombs fail to go off!  :-)

On 27/04/2019 at 18:23, Savhmr said:

just read this...............like the cut of yer jib sir :good: