Cynergy or 525

Wriggs

My personal choice would be the 525 every time. I have shot a few Cynergy guns in both wood and........er.........plastic !  They were all horrible in their handling. Shortly after their launch, the gunshop shelves were full of used models at greatly reduced prices, so I guess a lot of other people disliked them too.  Try and shoot both guns BEFORE making your mind up, it could save you a lot of money in the long run. By the look of things at present, you may have no option but to shoot clays.

I have a 525 and loved it...until a had a go with a cynergy a week back. At the time I purchased the 525 no cynergy was available to try out and the dealer was unwilling to get one in for me to try ( understandably ) but I fear I have made the wrong choice as the fit, for me, was much better on the cynergy. Truth be told I think I will be adding a cynergy as soon as one comes available at the right price/condition.

Good luck.

Edited by Taileron

Mate had a cynergy and I really liked it compared to another mates 525.

Unfortunately dealers don't like them and he took quite a loss when selling it on privately. Iirc the balance is a bit forward with the cocking springs and mechanisms in the for end. The plastic stock model (black ice) can also go a bit sticky and wear smooth. That's said if you're buying it as a keeper then resale isn't an issue. 

Between the two I'd opt for a GC Summit

Edited by Mr.C
Word missing