BASC

Wasabi

52 minutes ago, Wasabi said:

Exactly. My perception of the various organisations is of a group of old boys running a nice little shooting organisation. Run a few clay days for kids and ladies, write a polite letter rebuking the latest anti in a national rag etc etc. In reality we need people capable of planning and running successful national media campaigns and all that entails. 

We need to be using big data to target the benefits of game meat to people with no connection to shooting. We need to be promoting clay shooting to people totally in connected with it.

We need to be lobbying parliament constantly and networking in the halls of Westminster so we don't get blindsided by events such as this.

Get to it then, nothing stopping you.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Basc do young shots, work with taste of game to promote game meat and even in schools. How many shooters do anything but maon and bitch about the organisations. Yes they print a magazine, have media centre, put days on for kids, ladies days, work with wildfowlers(or atleast try too) 

But yes they do cock all for the shooting community.. 

They have NO power when kt comes to things that our govt do, they can lobby and argue the toss but thats about as much power as they have. 

Just how much power did packham have he threatened a legal challenge ang they folded if basc had done this over the doctors letter fiasco we might be better placed now. But no they sit on their backsides doing nothing as usual. 

Just now, bostonmick said:

Just how much power did packham have he threatened a legal challenge ang they folded if basc had done this over the doctors letter fiasco we might be better placed now. But no they sit on their backsides doing nothing as usual. 

How is this BASCs fault!!! NE folded not BASC.. 

1 hour ago, greenshank1 said:

We need one new modern organisation not BASC , Countryside Alliance , Game Keepers Assoc , WGCT all openly saying today they didn't see it coming ?

Because NE had said they would not pull the GL when they spoke in March. So this was completely out of the blue. With no consultation. 

1 minute ago, bostonmick said:

Just how much power did packham have he threatened a legal challenge ang they folded

You can only throw a legal challenge if there is a legal flaw to challenge.  The Doctors letter was a Home Office advisory document I believe - not a law.

I'm not defending BASC - but the fault here is solidly with NE.

Get the sticks out and beat BASC again when it is Natural England who has caused this mayhem through being totally inept .BASC were taken by surprise as we all were after talking to NE previously and being assured that there would be no decision without a full consultation.We should all be contacting  NE complaint about there ineptitude.

6 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

How is this BASCs fault!!! NE folded not BASC.. 

Can't fold if you do nothing in the first instance. I am thinking of starting a organisation that will charge you fifty pounds a year and offer nothing. Should be a multi millionaire in no time. What is going to happen to the millions that basc have in their account if its not used in anyway to protect the sport they claim to stand fod

2 minutes ago, greylag said:

Get the sticks out and beat BASC again when it is Natural England who has caused this mayhem through being totally inept .BASC were taken by surprise as we all were after talking to NE previously and being assured that there would be no decision without a full consultation.We should all be contacting  NE complaint about there ineptitude.

Packham and his band have been running rings around all the organisations for years and as basc are the biggest they must take the lions share of criticism 

12 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

You can only throw a legal challenge if there is a legal flaw to challenge.  The Doctors letter was a Home Office advisory document I believe - not a law.

I'm not defending BASC - but the fault here is solidly with NE.

The doctors fee was down to the police unless you stated certain conditions. And as such insisting on a reply at your  cost for every application was wrong. No doctors reply no certificate was direct disregard to home office guide. So worth a challenge. 

Edited by bostonmick

1 minute ago, ShootingEgg said:

Because NE had said they would not pull the GL when they spoke in March. So this was completely out of the blue. With no consultation. 

, Only "out of the blue" if your not reading the papers or connected to social media to see a massive crowd funding campaign growing day by day , being actively promoted by a known Anti shooting celebrity with an axe to grind against all shooting ............

I am not specifically slating BASC they are all off the pace , 

shooting times are so out of touch and more than a week behind that they didn't mention the brewing storm and had a front page mentioning crow control . These are meant to be the best young journalists with the latest Countryside news and reviews part of a huge country magazine network .......

Frankly, all of these organisations have been asleep at the wheel for years by not portraying shooting in a positive light, not countering the anti social media at every turn, not influencing government thinking despite a friendly government, doing nothing but preaching to the converted and when they had a chance to change regime they appointed yet another ‘old boy’.  There were some VERY strong forward thinking applicants for the. BASC ceo job who would have taken big pay cuts to protect what they love and our pastime, but they did not get a look in...

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Can anyone explain how BASC or anyone else can get the government or one of their regulatory authorities to "give in" if they don't want to!........You can't beat the system, because they hold all the power! The best way is persuasion, if that fails you find a loophole and go to law!......this is what Wild Justice have done....these options are the only way to get the authorities to do what you want or change their minds.

I'm as ******off as anyone about this, but let's place responsibility where it should be.....with NE who have ****** us up, by ******* up!

This post is just way too full of facts and none of them levelled at BASC , i had to read it twice:lol:.   If there was a like button i would have pressed  it. But there isnt so this is all you get . :good:

8 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

FB_IMG_1556139010898.jpg

Jokes aside Packham is so out of touch with reality and wound up in his own views, he is missing the fact the very thing he proclaims to be doing is actually doing the exact opposite. i know its corny but he really needs to get out more! 

The "FAULT" - regarding the licence debacle -has been engineered (by the pressure groups) - and their Insider(s) in NE/DEFRA -to be attributed to NE.... who will then attribute it as a DEFRA fault in regulatory policy. Meanwhile the new head of NE shrugs and says "not my fault"  😐(😂).

Surely, when the crowd funding etc to challenge the general licence was gathering pace, the shooting organisations should have looked at the GL, seen what flaws were going to be exposed and sat down with NE much sooner and tried to come up with a solution whilst there could be a transitional period, before it came to this and being forced to pull it over night. I need to be a member of a org for insurance whilst out shooting, but am totally stumped as to who gets my money. All I know is I won't be paying basc again. 

It's very easy to say some of these things with hindsight. I genuinely think almost everyone here has been blindsided. I do think that what we come away with, when the new licences are drawn up will be a better indication of the influence and importance of shooting organisations than the present wholly unsatisfactory position we are in. Fingers crossed.