BASC

Wasabi

BASC will need to pull something out of the bag here else I will be cancelling my subscription and I suspect that many will join me.

Yes, it's early doors and yes, there has been an ambush, but BASC has the finances, membership, support and connections to react and correct the situation to hand and if they don't then as a pro shooting organisation, it will not be fit for purpose.

And we all now wait for what happens next....

Edited by Mungler

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Mungler said:

BASC will need to pull something out of the bag here else I will be cancelling my subscription and I suspect that many will join me.

Yes, it's early doors and yes, there has been an ambush, but BASC has the finances, membership, support and connections to react and correct the situation to hand and if they don't then as a pro shooting organisation, it will not be fit for purpose.

And we all now wait for what happens next....

Well as it doesn't effect the Game Shooting Fraternity I doubt they will do very much!

I think I'm going to move over to the CA, in terms of dealing with everything else (GPs letters on renewals) they appear to be far more proactive with a greater lobbying ability in Parliament.

Slightly disappointed in my current organisation, they have been on the back foot with regards to everything other than game shooting related issues for some time, and not terribly representative of rifle shooting disciplines, which form the majority of my shooting.

3 hours ago, Teal said:

It's very easy to say some of these things with hindsight. I genuinely think almost everyone here has been blindsided. I do think that what we come away with, when the new licences are drawn up will be a better indication of the influence and importance of shooting organisations than the present wholly unsatisfactory position we are in. Fingers crossed.

I am sorry but must disagree with the hindsight part of your comment. All the organisations claim to be there for the shooting public and basc claim as part of their publicity they are the voice of shooting. It is their place to watch for this type of action from fanatics such as packham but again they are asleep. Or to busy organising their next dinner function to pat each other on the back for their achievements.??? 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well as it doesn't effect the Game Shooting Fraternity I doubt they will do very much!

So I don’t catch magpies suffer predation from crows or have my cover crops hammered by pigeons 

im sure the game shooting fraternity that is constantly seen as the best way of gaining permissions and vermin control is doing plenty maybe not as vocal as some would like maybe there thinking about the solution not blaming various organisations 

Imagine what you’re countryside would look like if our forefathers were more interested in growing carrots than game shooting 

Just now, Scully said:

I’m a game shooter as are all my mates. We all shoot pigeons corvids etc out of the game season, and carry out pest control of many species at many locations. This effects us as much as anyone else.

Then why have BASC been so slow in sorting all of the problems out, not this latest debacle?

So NE temporary revoke the GL and you blame BASC? 

Because they should have seen it coming ? 

Seen it coming from a legal challenge put forwards by Wild justice to get changes to the way the licences were issued .. not to get them revoked,,,

But BASC should have had a crystal ball and seen that NL would revoke the GL. 

Have you wondered why none of the other organisations didn't see it coming either?  oh thats right..because everyone of them was unaware ........

STOP BASHING AND START SUPPORTING ... the divide will only make it worse 

20 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

Seen it coming from a legal challenge put forwards by Wild justice to get changes to the way the licences were issued .. not to get them revoked,,,

Have you wondered why none of the other organisations didn't see it coming either?  oh thats right..because everyone of them was unaware ........

I am a member of basc and cpsa so in my way am a supporter. Could you enlighten all of us who have paid into these organisations for years just what they have achieved for us over many decades. As far as I can see the shooting public have been put under more and more pressure just to pursue their legal sports and pastimes at the whims of others who mainly know nothing of the ways of the countryside. I shall continue with my membership for the time being but must admit I will have to think very carefully about how long for if they don't start to show some point of being. 

30 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

Oh Terry, we are fed up to the back teeth with the ineptitude over the years, that is why so many of us are EX MEMBERS!

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh Terry, we are fed up to the back teeth with the ineptitude over the years, that is why so many of us are EX MEMBERS!

There has been mistakes in the past no one denies that .. the GL is not one that sits at the door of BASC

There are new teams in BASC at every level .. lets not judge the new by the actions of the old.. and see where they go.. 

I have been a supporter for 29 years.. and will not change anytime soon.. 

There is no one out there doing so much to protect our interests.. 

45 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

Stop bashing and start supporting a rather pointless organisation in its current incarnation. Support the old boys all the way to the extinction of our sport as they sit by the sidelines politely expressing their disdain. 

9 minutes ago, Wasabi said:

Stop bashing and start supporting a rather pointless organisation in its current incarnation. Support the old boys all the way to the extinction of our sport as they sit by the sidelines politely expressing their disdain. 

Well they're all we got!

In time, if successive weak, spineless governments continue to capitulate to the political wing of the extremist animal rights lobby......shooting is finished anyway!.........Without our representative organisations the end will come even quicker!

Shooting is under attack like never before, not backing our representative organisations now is, in my opinion.....tantamount to self harm!

16 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Well they're all we got!

In time, if successive weak, spineless governments continue to capitulate to the political wing of the extremist animal rights lobby......shooting is finished anyway!.........Without our representative organisations the end will come even quicker!

Shooting is under attack like never before, not backing our representative organisations now is, in my opinion.....tantamount to self harm!

And fishing will quickly follow (except perhaps for the ultra-exclusive beats that exist for the entertainment of the Establishment).

38 minutes ago, WestonSalop said:

And fishing will quickly follow (except perhaps for the ultra-exclusive beats that exist for the entertainment of the Establishment).

The way things are going there will be no Salmon or Seatrout left to catch anyway!.....Just stockie rainbows in a muddy puddle! Lol!

I think some of you appear to be clamouring for an US-style NRA-type organisation, you know, loud, brash, in your face, overtly political and incredibly polarising.  This isn't the way politics in general, and lobbying in particular, works in this country. Or didn't used to be.  In any case, I suggest It wouldn't work, and would only result in a Brexit-style entrenching of positions with no debate and name-calling.

8 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I think some of you appear to be clamouring for an US-style NRA-type organisation, you know, loud, brash, in your face, overtly political and incredibly polarising.  This isn't the way politics in general, and lobbying in particular, works in this country. Or didn't used to be.  In any case, I suggest It wouldn't work, and would only result in a Brexit-style entrenching of positions with no debate and name-calling.

It wouldn't work here because we don't have the numbers, nor the huge revenue those numbers generate. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

It wouldn't work here because we don't have the numbers, nor the huge revenue those numbers generate. 

True but BASC isn't a poor organisation.

I do think we have a bit of a Judean People's front /People's Front of Judea issue though.  BASC, CA, CPSA, GKA....in the eyes of Joe Urban Public, one and the same surely?  Is there a case for mergers?