New (to me) SCAM

TIGHTCHOKE

The landline that we do not use just rang, when I answered it a female African accented recorded voice introduced herself as BT Staff and said my internet was compromised, press 1 to get through to BT or Press 2 to get through to other providers!

I hope she was well paid for the recording!

Unfortunately because thee scum bags use a rcorded voice you cannot voice your frustration. My wife being an ex police officer is adept at 'the alphabet' and her reply often includes the words oscar and foxtrot mainly not in that order.  I am afraid I have no sympathy for anyone taken in by these calls as they are so obviouly bogus.

I had the ubiquitous call only yesterday telling me in an automated American accent that I had won £500,000 on the Canadian lottery.:yay: Only wish that I'd thought of Walker570's wife's use of the phonetic alphabet using the first letters of the two words commencing Foxtrot Oscar. I'll remember it next Time. :good:

OB

The ones that get me are the you have had an accident ones normally I say I have they get all excited and put me through to a supervisor they ask was it your fault and I say no I got hit in the back of the car and have sustained a few injuries they get really into it by now and say I should be getting a payout they then ask how did it happen and I normally say a police car came rushing up behind me and couldn’t stop shoving my car into a ditch then they ask the reg no of the car and I say I don’t know I only nicked it half an hour ago then the line goes dead  silly but it makes me giggle every time

Edited by nobbyathome

i had one claiming to be from Microsoft, he told me my computer which wasn't even on had a virus. 

i told him he would have to ring back when the homeowners where back from holiday as i was actually robbing the place and didn't actually live there. He hung up.

This is how a friend of mine deals with these calls..........

If his caller display shows an international call (he doesn't know anyone outside UK), he picks up the phone and says "I've done it but you'll have to come and help me - there's blood everywhere !"..............they usually hang up.