Hw110 filling

yates74

I was about to say welcome to the site...but that would have been 8 years too late!

Just a thought, when you changed to the FX pump, did you use the same fill tube? Can you tell if it's leaking from the join between the probe and the tube? that can be a regular source of leaking air.

Where abouts in the country are you?

6 hours ago, yates74 said:

Many thanks! Between fill probe and cylinder tried two different probe same result my location south lincs Stamford 

okay, it could be something simple like a lack of a proper seal on the thread, so air's just getting out there rather than going into the cylinder. The fact that it's holding 110bar is a reasonably good sign that the problem's not with the gun but before the air gets into it. Have you got a local air rifle shop? I'd take it in there and see if they can fill it with their kit; they'll almost certainly have an HW probe lurking! if it still won't fill, then it might get more complicated. let us know how you get on. I have one and they're lovely to shoot

16 hours ago, yates74 said:

Many thanks! Between fill probe and cylinder tried two different probe same result my location south lincs Stamford 

If as the OP says it is leaking between the probe and the cylinder perhaps he has either not lubed and inserted the probe fully or the o rings and damaged.

4 minutes ago, yates74 said:

Unlike my other pcp the hw110 has to be cocked so thanks for the info also bit of ptfe was used . Glad I didn’t go to gun shop with that one !

Big thanks to all that have helped 😉

Good stuff, seems to happen a lot on different guns, now go shoot some squirrels.

And you have to put up a picture of your new purchase its the pigeon watch law, on your dining table or bed is normal 😉 

• 2 months later...

Had the same thing happen when filling my aa410... I use one of those best fittings quick coupler do dahs,inbetween the air hose and quick coupler sits a bonded seal washer and that had perished causing air to leak before getting into the gun.

If its now ok after using ptfe tape then that was probably the problem.