Robin Page nails it.

He has the sort of face that if I got into a lift and he was the only other person in it I would be in a dilemma 

should I ...

A) get out of the lift?

B) stay in the lift and count out loud , slowly and deliberately to 10 BUT smack him when I reached 8 as he wouldn't have predicted that

Robin Page has always been forthright in his views which are reasoned and well thought unlike Packham. Unfortunately due to his "disability" he has the inability to retract on the nonsense that spews from his mouth.

As to his employers the BBC Robin Page has summed them up very well. Springwatch and Countryfile are wrapped in cotton wool presented by biased presenters whose agenda is obvious!

Rant over!

someone recently mentioned that Springwatch and Countryfile are being presented in a manner to suit children........i couldnt agree more...........what i have found is the presentation of the local news About Anglia........is virtually like a childrens programme now..........yet the BBC Look East remains more mature

i think this is starting to represent a fluffy snowflake deluded arrogant view people in social media  and the media have now..........

Trump has a lot to answer for but fake news is a reality.........i think we ought to do some of our own "swamp draining"

The snag with "swamp draining" is what you end up with at the bottom.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of the BBC changing their approach to "nature" programmes as Ditchman rightly says it's fluffy snowflake and bunnies to appease the masses - most of whom could not give a gnats **** anyway! 

I posted on Facebook today .

Have Packham & Avery sat by a hedgerow and watched Magpies systematically work down the hedgerow robbing nests and killing tits, sparrows and finches ? I have .

Have Packham & Avery sat and watched a flock of Pigeon simply devastate a crop in a very short time ? I have.

Have they seen Jays nest robbing ? Rooks & Raven eye pecking and killing new born Rabbits and Lambs ?

The two of them are blithering idiots , unfortunately pandering to the Urban majority. 

The absolute frustration is.......we don't have a platform to put the real story forward. There are many out there who will have video footage of lambs having their eyes pecked out by corvids, but in this snowflake world, it would never be broadcasted to educate the public into the real life. 

Sir David Attenborough seems to be able to show the brutal realities of nature, and whilst i'm sure, many find it horrifying, it is real. One such episode I saw,was of a whale cow, that had travelled thousands of miles across oceans to give birth to  her calf. On the return journey, Killer whales killed it for their amusement. It was incredibly sad to watch. If Sir David, could, and it seems he is the only person that can, show the real goings on in the wildlife calendar, that would be a real education to people that won't listen to anyone else, and the only vaccine to people like CP.

Edited by turbo33

Spring watch is a nature version of Blue Peter. It shows the most idyllic view of all things fur and feather. Rather embarrassing to watch. Not that I do. 

Got to feel sorry for Packham really. He’s a stupid fool blinded by his own arrogance and narrow mindedness. 

I have seen first hand what happens when corvids are in control. When I used to go fishing at Walthamstow reservoirs which is also a bird watching site, there is an abundance of magpies and crows. Guess what, it was rare to see any songbirds.

In my mums garden a few years ago there was quite a few magpies controlling the area. I shot 6 or so in a month or 2 and what happened?, an incredible show of blue tit fledglings flying in chains and a massive rise in numbers of other birds.

2 minutes ago, winnie&bezza said:

Spring watch is a nature version of Blue Peter. It shows the most idyllic view of all things fur and feather. Rather embarrassing to watch. Not that I do. 

Got to feel sorry for Packham really. He’s a stupid fool blinded by his own arrogance and narrow mindedness. 

I have seen first hand what happens when corvids are in control. When I used to go fishing at Walthamstow reservoirs which is also a bird watching site, there is an abundance of magpies and crows. Guess what, it was rare to see any songbirds.

In my mums garden a few years ago there was quite a few magpies controlling the area. I shot 6 or so in a month or 2 and what happened?, an incredible show of blue tit fledglings flying in chains and a massive rise in numbers of other birds.

Ahh, the dawn barrow race at the ressies.. only to find I'd already bivvied up an hour beforehand.

A lack of demonstrated empathy affects aspects of communal living for persons with Asperger syndrome.[11] Individuals with AS experience difficulties in basic elements of social interaction, which may include a failure to develop friendships or to seek shared enjoyments or achievements with others (for example, showing others objects of interest); a lack of social or emotional reciprocity (social "games" give-and-take mechanic); and impaired nonverbal behaviors in areas such as eye contact, facial expression, posture, and gesture.[10]

People with AS may not be as withdrawn around others, compared with those with other, more debilitating forms of autism; they approach others, even if awkwardly. For example, a person with AS may engage in a one-sided, long-winded speech about a favorite topic, while misunderstanding or not recognizing the listener's feelings or reactions, such as a wish to change the topic of talk or end the interaction.[26] This social awkwardness has been called "active but odd".[10] Such failures to react appropriately to social interaction may appear as disregard for other people's feelings and may come across as insensitive.[26] However, not all individuals with AS will approach others. Some of them may even display selective mutism, not speaking at all to most people and excessively to specific others. Some may choose only to talk to people they like.[43]

The cognitive ability of children with AS often allows them to articulate social norms in a laboratory context,[10] where they may be able to show a theoretical understanding of other people's emotions; however, they typically have difficulty acting on this knowledge in fluid, real-life situations.[26] People with AS may analyze and distill their observations of social interaction into rigid behavioral guidelines and apply these rules in awkward ways, such as forced eye contact, resulting in a demeanor that appears rigid or socially naïve. Childhood desire for companionship can become numbed through a history of failed social encounters.[10]

For balance, it may be as well to say that we are all on a range of spectrums relating to all aspects of our existence?

It's really not his fault that Natural England were inept enough to allow such loose interpretation of the GL, he was just astute enough to exploit this debacle for his own agenda.

When mediocrity such as seem to be the usual level of performance in all public institutions these days, is it surprising that it's so easy for some to unravel it? The blame lies solely with NE for ineptitude?

Anything with a beating heart deserves respect and humanity?

Tin Hat in place.