STOCK FINISHING

DUNKS

I DOUBT ANYONE WILL KNOW BUT I WILL ASK.

Many shotgun stocks are "oil finished" as to varnish. Lets take Browning as an example.

I have a varnished stock Browning and it's a very nice pleasant finish. The newer models are OIL finish. Now oil finish to most of us is a time consuming process which can take weeks to complete. I know top end guns are in fact finished this way but I am sure our Japanese friends do not go to this trouble or time. So what do they spray on, and I am sure it is sprayed on for speed and economy? If it's actually oil it will take ages to dry and if it has rapid driers in it's varnish and not oil. Has anyone been to a factory and seen an OIL finish applied?

5 hours ago, vmaxphil said:

Apparently my dt10 is a true oil type finish rather than a proper oil finish as beretta would have you believe 

It could just be!

Tru oil is really a varnish with a hard coat. I have used it. The new 525s are oil finished and do look good. I am sure I;s proper oil. But what oil