Woodpigeons...the way ahead

3 hours ago, JDog said:

Without giving an inch on my thoughts about shooting pest species perhaps more pictures should show crop damage when it is obvious. Of course it is not obvious on stubbles nor roosting and flighting but pests need to be shot whenever they can be in my simplistic view.

These photos are from today 1st May.

Pigeon damage 1..jpg

Pigeon damage 2..jpg

That’s quite a bit of damage ,  I showed the pictures to my wife who is a non-shooting non-country person   I didn’t show her the write-up I asked her to tell me about the picture and what  her thoughts  were she looked  for a while and said  It’s a field  it’s an agricultural field with tractor  tracks, Then she read the write-up  where is the crop damage then   my point is she didn’t know what she was looking at  until I explained it to her  we had quite a conversation,  how many other people don’t know what they’re looking at and haven’t got anybody to explain it to them  so they only know what they Say on the telly or what other organisations tell them  I don’t think it’s just these pictures it’s probably all pictures  I think maybe it could be difficult to get Ourpoint across properly 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, aberisle said:

If this ban came as a result of a European directive from years ago, how do the Dutch manage to be able to shoot Crows and Pigeons, they are in the EU

https://www.youtube.com/watchv=tFYDR7NwQcs

This guy does a great job of knocking down Crows and Pigeons, if its ok in Europe it should be ok here.....we havent left yet

Interesting point I’m going to have a look and see if I can find out, Maybe they have a gl  in place or something similar that works it might be worth looking at what other countries are doing. There might be a way around for us

Okay here’s what I found in the Netherlands they seem to have something similar along the lines of the general license but you have to pay €85  Per annum for it and you have to do a hunting course, going to have a look at some other EU countries to see what they are doing. 

Edited by silver fox 1

Question to the  Pigeon watch massive.  could any of you well versed in the ways of government and legal matters,  please take the time to explain.

1. If it is possible to drop  the EU bird directive ?

2.  moving pest birds off the list to a vermin list is this possible ?

And if it either  could be possible in law.  What are the steps involved, the proses ?.

Edited by lancer425

31 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Question to the  Pigeon watch massive.  could any of you well versed in the ways of government and legal matters,  please take the time to explain.

1. If it is possible to drop  the EU bird directive ?

2.  moving pest birds off the list to a vermin list is this possible ?

And if it either  could be possible in law.  What are the steps involved, the proses ?.

Yes I would think so, if we were to leave the EU