Typical hunting ranges

Ferret Master

What range do you take most quarry at with legal limit airguns?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What range?

• 5m and under
    • 6m-10m
    • 11m-15m
    • 16m-20m
    • 21m-25m
    • 26m-30m
    • 31m-35m
    • 36m-40m
    • 41m+

Hi,

I was wondering what sort of ranges do you guys and girls typically take quarry at with your legal limit air rifles? I dont want to know the longest shot you have taken or how far you have taken quarry at but the sort of range you normally shoot various quarry at.

Rabbits: although I have taken them 35m away with my airgun most shots are close range shots under 25m when shooting around hedges. The manly .22 is ideal in these sorts of situations. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. :good:

FM ;)

I voted 11-15m. I could take longer shots and still ensure a good kill rate, but I really enjoy the challenge of getting closer. With technology on our side, I feel they should be given a chance to outsmart us (says me, applying for a HMR!). I enjoy the stalk more than the shot itself :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: I didnt vote, it all depends on the situation, but to be perfectly honest, the closer the better.

I had one jump out of a burrow in front of me the other week, about 2 feet away and just sat frozen looking at me......hip shot it thro the barnet!!!!!........had to be done......bunny suicide! :good:

:good: I didnt vote, it all depends on the situation, but to be perfectly honest, the closer the better.

I had one jump out of a burrow in front of me the other week, about 2 feet away and just sat frozen looking at me......hip shot it thro the barnet!!!!!........had to be done......bunny suicide! ;)

It dont make you a bad person :rolleyes:

I voted 21-25m.

I am confident with my accuracy out to 35+ meters, but I prefer to be closer to ensure of a swift humane kill rather than risk winging the prey due variancies like the wind or me "wobbling a bit". I also enjoy the stalking challenge, but I'm more than a bit rusty after so many years away from the sport, so much room for improvement