NE TRYING TO EXTEND SSSIs BY STEALTH

NE has been sniffing around opportunities to create buffers around SSSIs for some while. My understanding is that these can be brought forward under the CRoW Act via bylaws. However bylaws are not easy to put in place and require public consultation and due process. 

It seems that NE are trying another route which requires neither public consultation or due process!

SSSIs are high priority sites for predator control. Not only is NE not going to allow that as per below, it is trying to introduce huge buffer zones without any consultation, or indeed any science attached to it. This reinforces my view that this whole saga is being driven by anti-shooting factions both outside and within NE.

Everyone needs to scream long and loud about this before it is too late

Alan

11. European and nationally protected sites

a) For protected sites with interest features that include bird species, no action authorised by this licence is permitted to take place within those sites or within 300 metres of the boundary of such site. For the avoidance of doubt, this restriction applies to:

(i) all Special Protection Areas (SPAs);

(ii) any Ramsar site with Qualifying Features that include bird species; or(iii) any Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) for which a bird species is a feature of special interest.

35 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I think you are correct Alan, i have thought for some time that NE through their employees, are heavily institutionally anti shooting! 

They will certainly have a bias to all things natural but the ones that were working with me and others here in Somerset last year, were very clued up on the need for shooting. 

1 minute ago, oowee said:

They will certainly have a bias to all things natural but the ones that were working with me and others here in Somerset last year, were very clued up on the need for shooting. 

I did say heavily.......not totally! Lol! Your experience sounds as if that is how it should be.....unfortunately not as it usually is!

On 28/04/2019 at 09:44, Ajarrett said:

NE has been sniffing around opportunities to create buffers around SSSIs for some while. My understanding is that these can be brought forward under the CRoW Act via bylaws. However bylaws are not easy to put in place and require public consultation and due process. 

It seems that NE are trying another route which requires neither public consultation or due process!

SSSIs are high priority sites for predator control. Not only is NE not going to allow that as per below, it is trying to introduce huge buffer zones without any consultation, or indeed any science attached to it. This reinforces my view that this whole saga is being driven by anti-shooting factions both outside and within NE.

Alan

a) For protected sites with interest features that include bird species, no action authorised by this licence is permitted to take place within those sites or within 300 metres of the boundary of such site. For the avoidance of doubt, this restriction applies to:

(ii) any Ramsar site with Qualifying Features that include bird species; or(iii) any Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) for which a bird species is a feature of special interest.

On 28/04/2019 at 09:44, Ajarrett said:

Alan

Have you any details of the OTHER ROUTE please as going through consent just at moment on one site, and i had this buffer zone run past me last time, for warned is forearmed. Can Communicate via PMs Alan if you wish.