First deer

Hudson12

Been out since three am to travel up to some land my mentor has to try and get my first Roe Buck.As soon as light came we left the vehicle and headed up the wood searching the rides for a deer,within an hour or so a young buck burst out of the cover and headed out the cleared tree area and stopped around 200 yards away tbh I couldn’t get a shot on him and possibly it was at a distance I wasn’t to comfortable at but the old saying if your not fast your last and bang the sound of a .308 rang out and the deer hit the floor my pal had him grassed.A quick gralloch and an explanation on what to look for regarding health ect we left it hung in a tree to collect later and headed further up the estate and there he was a lovely six pointer around 70 yards I wasn’t missing this chance lined up the crosshairs and squeezed the trigger bang it leapt one way they ran into the wood my stomach dropped I’ve hit it and not killed it we had a scout about no blood but a tiny bit of flesh and some hair i definitely hit him a quick look in the woods and there he was as dead as a nit twenty yards away text book shot straight through the heart I’m absolutely made up and even

https://ibb.co/Yh0kMdc

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...