Akela Dog Food

bruno22rf

So over the last 4 years we have tried just about every wet dog food on the market - our Springer's seem to have really sensitive stomachs and tend to prefer the ,er, more expensive brands but sooner or later they get bored and one of them in particular simply stops eating. So ,after reading the advice on "allaboutdogfood" I decided to just cut to the chase and buy the highest rated food tested - Akela. First of all, it's not cheap at £2 per 400g can (and I cannot find anybody that discounts it) but I have to admit that, after 6 weeks now, it's dammed good stuff at any price. Both Dogs coats are the best they have ever been and each and every variety is devoured - zero waste. We have discovered that you can buy them direct from the maker at a better price if you buy 60 cans - it then works out at £1.35 per can and ,I'm fairly certain, that no other Dog food comes even close in quality at this price. Try it.

I feed mine raw, I tried all the expensive biscuits, best you could buy and he was always having a bad stomach. 

Have tried giving a bit of kibble again to see if any better now a bit older with explosive results. 

Sticking to RAW but it’s just a bit of a pain if your going away anywhere. 

Well that's probably the cheapest option, joejoe, but do you know, long term, that the dog is getting all the vitamins and minerals that he needs? Raw food has never really floated my boat - seems a lot of arguments against it and the options I have seen locally are quite pricey. Try the wet food from Akela, Lloyd90, next time you go away but you need to remember that switching foods will cause stomach upsets because of acid fluctuations - mine produce stinky gravy for anything up to a week before returning to solid bagable eggs when changing their food.

Edited by bruno22rf