Disruption of Chris Packhams work

Not wishing to detract from the General Licence debacle .

Is it not time we , the country people held a peaceful march or rally to highlight the unnecessary persecution our sport has to endure from the like of Packham et al ?

A silent march that disrupted filming of Spring Watch  or Countryfile would cause a tremendous financial loss and disruption .

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Salopian said:

Not wishing to detract from the General Licence debacle .

Is it not time we , the country people held a peaceful march or rally to highlight the unnecessary persecution our sport has to endure from the like of Packham et al ?

A silent march that disrupted filming of Spring Watch  or Countryfile would cause a tremendous financial loss and disruption .

No better to boycott all such programmes and for estates to deny access to BBC for all programmes

It would be a very good idea if someone could persuade the BBC to put out a programme about the destructive effects of corvids and pigeons (and badgers) in a rational and balanced way. I know that such a person would be hard to find, though I do wonder what David Attenborough thinks or would think about Packham's unbalanced and questionably motivated crusade. Anyone got a line to him or someone who knows him?

Nice boy polite well behaved protests from decent law abiding citizens have a pattern of being overlooked or dismissed as right wing activistism (sp).

Sadly the only protests that get reported on or responded to are the those causing mayhem - we all know that various leftist riots got special rights for some people that don't apply to the indigenous population of this country.

5 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

just took some fotos on my fone out back,remains of what appears to be blackbird chick,2 legs 2 wings,n a bit of inner,would i be able to post these pics on pacmans twitter site?

You could if you wanted, but I doubt he would be impressed. What you have photographed is simply evidence of nature at work; that’s what happens in the wild on a daily basis and is entirely natural.

To infer that it happened due to the fact the GL as was, has been revoked, wont really convince anyone. It’s just the realities of living in the wild. 

30 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

just took some fotos on my fone out back,remains of what appears to be blackbird chick,2 legs 2 wings,n a bit of inner,would i be able to post these pics on pacmans twitter site?

Why? you presumably have no proof as to what did this, as Scully says, just nature being red in tooth and claw.

As for trying to get empathy from him, maybe a waste of your time?

A clever, vexatious little chap is he, finding a real blunder, using it to further his own agenda legally separating himself from repercussions while allowing others to fund his dream puts him apart from most? 

He hasn't finished yet either, will make an ideal replacement for Dave on the BBC to push their agenda to the unknowing and uncaring? Poor Dave seems to have gone off piste lately, more anthromorphism in every programme?

Edited by old man

you have to remember we are a minority     if you stood in the high street and asked a passer to sighn a petition for shooting i doubt if you would get many i went down to see the in laws last weekend they live in a country town and tole them i  do pigeon shooting right a way the old bottom lip comes up muttering cruel     so thats me in the dog house

1 hour ago, dodgy dave said:

you have to remember we are a minority     if you stood in the high street and asked a passer to sighn a petition for shooting i doubt if you would get many i went down to see the in laws last weekend they live in a country town and tole them i  do pigeon shooting right a way the old bottom lip comes up muttering cruel     so thats me in the dog house

hello, next time quote how much damage  pigeons do to crops and if this is not done farmers loose out and prices for wheat/barley/rape seed/  will only go up,  

4 hours ago, Scully said:

You could if you wanted, but I doubt he would be impressed. What you have photographed is simply evidence of nature at work; that’s what happens in the wild on a daily basis and is entirely natural.

To infer that it happened due to the fact the GL as was, has been revoked, wont really convince anyone. It’s just the realities of living in the wild. 

That's true, but the point surely is that Packham's intervention increases protection for corvids, which hardly need it, and therefore increases their numbers over time and also the number of smaller birds that get killed by them. I do not wish to see the numbers of blackbirds etc go into decline. 40 years ago magpies in Hampshire were quite a rarity; nowadays they are two a penny, which puts their song bird prey under much more of a threat, even if much of the increase in magpie numbers can be ascribed to the vastly increased amount of road kill at their disposal.

Magpies are a particular problem, more so than jays which, so far as I can see and hear, at least locally, have not increased so much in number. We also get carrion crows (apart from two that I managed to shoot, with difficulty with horses and several houses nearby) and I have seen them raid a blackbird's nest too. I suspect that a long, long time ago the larger hawks kept both crows and magpies under control, but the commonest ones now i.e. kestrels and buzzards, for different reasons, don't seem to do the same job. The balance of nature has been upset.

10 hours ago, Cumbrian said:

It would be a very good idea if someone could persuade the BBC to put out a programme about the destructive effects of corvids and pigeons (and badgers) in a rational and balanced way. I know that such a person would be hard to find, though I do wonder what David Attenborough thinks or would think about Packham's unbalanced and questionably motivated crusade. Anyone got a line to him or someone who knows him?

They said on the radio today that Cumbria wildlife trust ( i think?) are concerned about hedgehog numbers as sightings are down by a third, no surprise that there is always a dead badger on the A590, I've seen at least 3 lately so badger numbers are high whilst hogs are not, wonder why that is?

BBC wouldn't be interested, although a couple of the farming shows that were on BBC 2 were quite good.

No one considers the damage pigeon can do to a crop or the damage magpies do to nesting songbirds.

Just thought about songbird survival website? Wonder if they have said anything??

There an article in the daily star today saying cat owners need to lock there cats away as they kill 30 million birds a year and that they should be licensed and another article saying packham ain’t losing no sleep and is more determined now after receiving all the hate mail  so disrupting his work will make him worse

Edited by Jacko3275

Mr arrogance was on good morning tv this morning trying to justify why his new organisation did what it did and playing the sympathy card with the "I've targeted" whinge .

I do not in any way condone the threats against him & his family weather true real or not !

All real country /shooting folk who were affected by his escaped have right to be annoyed but we all know that none of us would carry out the claimed threats and actions that have or have not been carried out against him .

I.M.H.O they will have been carried out by nutters and activists who are not connected to "the shooting community" in any way and have just jumped on the band wagon to cause problems ....

On the other hand he sat complaining that millions of birds have been murdered in an illegal way ..... says the man who has been filmed braking the law by releasing grey squirrels back into the wild !

Bear with me on this one,  okay the way I see it is that Wild justice ( Chris Packham )  are the cause of the problem to the GL  but not the root problem NE  are the root of the problem because of the wording on the GL  wild  justice  have just exploited it. So can we rely on NE  to sort this mess out maybe not but think of it this way if they mess up again they will be more loopholes in the GL  which probably means back to court for  wild justice  so my question is how long do you think  wild justice can keep funding  legal action  it cost  30,000+ this time.More of which natural England seem to do naturally please 

13 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

Bear with me on this one,  okay the way I see it is that Wild justice ( Chris Packham )  are the cause of the problem to the GL  but not the root problem NE  are the root of the problem because of the wording on the GL  wild  justice  have just exploited it. So can we rely on NE  to sort this mess out maybe not but think of it this way if they mess up again they will be more loopholes in the GL  which probably means back to court for  wild justice  so my question is how long do you think  wild justice can keep funding  legal action  it cost  30,000+ this time.More of which natural England seem to do naturally please 

As long as they can get money via Crowd funding!!!

Yes I  agree but it all takes time and money.  They would have to wait for funds to be in place before they could challenge anything, maybe our shooting organisations could get some promotional videos together to help put a point across  show The things Crows do to lambs  pigeons do to crops  at least people will be able to see the damage they do and some might think twice about sending money to  wild justice