Disruption of Chris Packhams work

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What source did that come from, and what’s he got to be frightened off

2 minutes ago, MacSxS said:

This is one of the big problems, BASC should be shouting from the roof tops that Peckham, is afraid of an adult conversation, use social media, take an advert out in the paper ANYTHING. to get the message across !!!

THIS 👍

BASC has published this on their website.They have been ready for this programme since last Friday,only for the broadcaster to pull it at the last minute.BASC can shout as much as they like but if it is not a level playing field what are you to do.Packham and his cronies get as much publicity as the like because they have Freund's in the television who will give them air time.

Yes you’re right,  but we don’t need to be on television arguing with the likes of Chris Packham  it wouldn’t matter what we say they wouldn’t listen anyway ( we don’t need a debate )  we need to be attacking wild justice with videos showing damage Of what crows And pigeons and vermin do and why their numbers need to be controlled,  wild justice support this wild justice support that.  We need to be drumming up support for what we do. And while I’m at it that’s what Ourshooting Organisations do crowdfunding isn’t it!!!

Edited by silver fox 1

3 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Yes you’re right,  but we don’t need to be on television arguing with the likes of Chris Packham  it wouldn’t matter what we say they wouldn’t listen anyway ( we don’t need a debate )  we need to be attacking wild justice with videos showing damage Of what crows And pigeons and vermin do and why their numbers need to be controlled,  wild justice support this wild justice support that.  We need to be drumming up support for what we do. And while I’m at it that’s what Ourshooting Organisations do crowdfunding isn’t it!!!

His (packham)reply will be that it's natures way .

Suzanna brought up that very point about crows attacking lambs and songbird nests ect and as mf arrogance does he just smugly said "thats the way nature is and has always been" (or something on those lines)

3 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

I disagree, we DO need to be on tv, but not to confront or argue but to present the other side of the story. There are always two sides to a story, and if one is never heard then there is imbalance and people make up their minds based on the one they have heard. Whether they want or like to hear it or not, it has to be presented.

They can still post all the other stuff regarding the damage corvids and pigeons do. 

I just winged this to GMTV. Probably a lost cause, but felt I had to do something!

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to express my disappointment, in the strongest terms, about the interview with Chris Packham this morning.

I understand from BASC (British Association for Shooting and Conservation) that they were to be involved in the programme.  This is a statement from BASC to their members (of which I am one)

"BASC had agreed last Friday to take part in a live debate with Packham and Morgan and had already booked travel and accommodation for staff, but were cancelled by the broadcaster at the 11th hour yesterday after it said Packham agreed a deal with GMB and the Daily Mirror newspaper.

The situation regarding the General Licence fiasco is unnaceptable, and the repercussions of the present inability of Farmers and their agents to control pest species at this time of year will have a profound effect on wildlife, song birds, food stuffs, crops and livestock.

The public opinion is led largely by media input. Whist it might be emotive, the Media, in my opinion, have a responsibility to give a true representation and report factually. With just one view, in this case, Mr Packham, it does not reflect the whole picture. For example, Mr Packham stated there was no dawn chorus anymore as we have lost 90m songbirds. I am fortunate, I do have a dawn chorus at my home. But, where have we lost 90m song birds? He wasn’t challenged on that figure, and they most certainly haven’t been shot. The now revoked licence GL06, was for the removal of pest species, i.e. Crows, Magpies and other corvids that predate on songbirds to protect them.  Quote “  Conserve wild birds, and conserve flora and fauna.  Mr Packham stated, it was all fake news. That is completely untrue.  Mr Packham said the licences were revoked for 5 days. That is not true. GL04, GL05 and GL06 were revoked at midnight on Thursday 25th April, and it continues to be so until they are all re worded. One has been made public so far, and that has been described by a QC as unfit for purpose.

There is available on social media, an abundance of video footage of Crows attacking livestock, Corvids eating the eggs and young of songbirds, and similarly crop damage by Corvids and Pigeons. Whilst a lot of the former is heartbreaking to see, it is never the less, what really happens, and something the farming community have to struggle with and try desperately to manage. Simply not allowing this reality to be put forward or indeed, have representation from the bodies that are truly affected, because a GMTV allowed or were pressured to do a “Deal”  with Mr Packham, to not include the BASC, is unacceptable reporting.

In the interests of balance and realism, I would urge you to arrange for similar airtime allowed to Mr Packham, with any of the following bodies, BASC, The Countryside Alliance, The National Gamekeepers Organisation, The NFU, Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust, Country Landowners Association. I would further suggest, that a televised discussion with Mr Packham and any of the above, be re-arranged so that he can be accountable for his statements, that I feel have an element of misdirection.

Yours Faithfully

Thanks chaps. If I get any sort of response, I will pop it back here. But you can be sure it will be a mix of words which largely means.......not going to do it!

Interestingly, the thing that really seems to have him in a real flap, is all the business's and charities he is associated with,  that have, he alleges, had to take down websites, come off trip advisor etc. Maybe its his craving for popularity that is highest on the agenda? 

8 minutes ago, scobydog said:

Well done Turbo, I have also complained both to itv and Ofcom, doubt it will do much good but one can only try.

scobydog

I think the more of us complain the better, regardless of the result. If I get a reply I'll post my email which prompted it also. 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

I disagree, we DO need to be on tv, but not to confront or argue but to present the other side of the story. There are always two sides to a story, and if one is never heard then there is imbalance and people make up their minds based on the one they have heard. Whether they want or like to hear it or not, it has to be presented.

They can still post all the other stuff regarding the damage corvids and pigeons do. 

Agreed you’re 100% right,  that was the point of my post it will do  us no good on television arguing with anybody we need to be on television on our own platform putting  our  point across  we don’t need to be on television debating either we need action. That’s probably the reason why  Chris Packham wouldn’t go on telly with BASC  just in case they  they managed to get some sort of message across 

Edited by silver fox 1
Edited to say

Well done from me too Turbo!....I would hope our shooting/Countryside organisations would independently and/or jointly complain in writing, in the strongest possible terms, to the broadcasting watchdog, it cannot be either fair or right that broadcasters do not give a right of reply to the other side when one sided, unsubstantiated claims/comments have been made on a controversial subject? If they fail to do so, it ceases to be impartial information and becomes anti propaganda....

5 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Well done from me too Turbo!....I would hope our shooting/Countryside organisations would independently and/or jointly complain in writing, in the strongest possible terms, to the broadcasting watchdog, it cannot be either fair or right that broadcasters do not give a right of reply to the other side when one sided, unsubstantiated claims/comments have been made on a controversial subject? If they fail to do so, it ceases to be impartial information and becomes anti propaganda....

It does indeed, and this was the crux of my email. 

15 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Sadly I think rent a gob is mainly the Aunt Sally set up by Avery , who is the driving force in this but gets little of the flack. And it seems to be working

I agree Packham is up there enjoying the publicity and the financial rewards it's bringing, Avery and Tingay are staying in the background for some reason.

Just a thought would it acceptable to put a link up to the tv people involved with an email draught that we can put our individual details to and send 

Or an online petition to be signed and then emailed to them .

My idea been at least they'll get an idea of strongly we feel about the way packmouth gets to use the tv as his personal soap box to brain wash the "general public who may have the attitude of mr packham must be right as the tv introduces him as a wildlife expert "

Just an idea as I would personally not know how to draft an appropriate letter of complaint