BASC condemns threats made to Chris Packham

1 hour ago, lancer425 said:

Anybody could have hung those crows on his gate, far be it from me to accuse him personally but it could have eassily been one of his extremist friends.Wonder why a celebrity like him has no video footage of these criminals. I am no Caleb but if somebody hung a couple of crows on my front gate over 100 yards from the house i would have footage of who it was.  "Pictures or it never happened" i say..

Exactly this. If you were Packham would you not have CCTV at your farm/house???

Edit: Anti's love to film things, even them breaking the law! For a celebrity(??) who has had threats etc against them in the past to not have CCTV?????

1 hour ago, Christoff said:

I've no doubt the threats were genuine and whoever is responsible needs to pack it in. Handing out death threats and hanging dead crows outside his house does no one any favours and makes the entire shooting community look like a bunch of nutters to the general public. 

I've no doubt that he would arrange for the crows to be placed there, to further his cause.

Edited by silver pigeon69

3 minutes ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Exactly this. If you were Packham would you not have CCTV at your farm/house???

I've no doubt that he would arrange for the crows to be placed there, to further his cause.

Apparently he's taken his death threats to the police so doubt he would make it up.....real or not it's not good publicity for shooting. The man is an ill informed chopper in any case so hopefully the public will eventually see that. At least there was a mention of BASC's side in the article I read.

2 minutes ago, Christoff said:

Apparently he's taken his death threats to the police so doubt he would make it up.....real or not it's not good publicity for shooting. The man is an ill informed chopper in any case so hopefully the public will eventually see that. At least there was a mention of BASC's side in the article I read.

I know, I just find it unbelievable that a person in his position would not have CCTV at their house. I am of course presuming he doesn't, and i am presuming this, because i'm sure the footage would have been plastered everywhere if he did.

Well, someone is telling porkies and as it's a choice between the BBC and Packham, I have no idea which of the two it is, both being tarred with the same brush. Apparently, the death threats that he and his family have receiced are, "very calculated". At this point we run out of inverted commas so we don't know who said, "after he campaigned for measures to protect birds from being shot". Perusal of the BBC teletext UK news will explain all. However, I'm not aware that that was WJ's objective.

I think I might just drop a line to one of the media sites he frequents expressing my thanks for his action. It's really only 04 that affects me so I'll take delight in remarking that WJ have kindly ensured that I can now carry on shooting birds legally once the modified licence is issued.

1 hour ago, greylag said:

I do hope they will reply but unfortunately they don't feel the need to answer your text.The countryside  organisations cannot get their voice heard on national television.

The media shut them out, they were ready to turn up then got the note to say not needed, just watched it, packham is not stupid, vwry cleverly says that yes magpies raid nests etc, but says that toany shooters go out purely for the thrill of killing. Basc got a sentence at the end... Nice one way reporting, piers did question him on his bbc tie, but as we all know, he isnt directly employed by them and even if he was he would still push this non impartial view.