Police shoot

dipper

I thought it was early.  I last took part when it was held at Holland & Holland ground in 1976 !!!  Managed to finish 5th individual and our A Team finished 7th overall.  Drove straight from there to the Golden Pheasant at Glyn Ceiriog for a days grouse the next day. Happy memories.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

I thought it was early.  I last took part when it was held at Holland & Holland ground in 1976 !!!  Managed to finish 5th individual and our A Team finished 7th overall.  Drove straight from there to the Golden Pheasant at Glyn Ceiriog for a days grouse the next day. Happy memories.

The Golden Pheasant...nice place.

Who did you shoot for at the nationals?

We entered two teams from the West Midlands Police. We were fortunate in having a) a good copper and b) a shooting man as our Deputy CC and he was also Chairman of the sports commitee so we had loads of support.  Purchased a Posness Warren 375 reloader for us and ok'd the use of a small secure office at a sub div for our reloading room..... imagine that today??   As I said, happy memories.  Just passed that magical moment, 28 in/28 out.

I'm racking my brains for the name of two shooters, one from Cheshire and one from Lancashire who where always in the top 10 shots and a couple of lads from Warwickshire and one from the Met, we vied for top place wherever we went.

Edited by Walker570