BMW 320 or 330d ownership experiences

16 minutes ago, washerboy said:

Nice car, looks ideal. First thing  I would do is find a good mechanic you can trust and get the car serviced. I've had several low milage cars supposedly full service history and when looked at by a local friend of mine have found original parts that should have been changed. 

Hi Washerboy, I’ll certainly do that. My office has a garage next door so I’ll give it to them for a good once over and an oil change on one of their quieter days👍

On 17/05/2019 at 22:47, shalfordninja33 said:

Well, I’ve made a purchase! A mint 64 plate 320d m sport XDrive. 35k on the clock. One owner from new FSH. Has a few upgrades,  paddle shift and xenon headlights. Test drove it yesterday which was fatal 😁 got a good trade in for my insignia, collecting it from lister BMW in Boston next Wednesday, much better deal travelling a few hours north. The same car in the southeast was around £1,500 more. Sleepless nights from now until then!  

E667BAE7-7100-4C52-8BF4-08994A7330A0.jpeg

Mate, that looks superb! Enjoy!! 

Welcome to the club 👍 

As it’s the Touring, you should have an electric tailgate too. And the glass that lifts up independent of the hatch, really useful! 

Dave :) 

2 hours ago, WinchesterDave said:

Mate, that looks superb! Enjoy!! 

Welcome to the club 👍 

As it’s the Touring, you should have an electric tailgate too. And the glass that lifts up independent of the hatch, really useful! 

Dave  

Thanks mate!  Wednesday can’t come quick enough 😁 yes it’s got the electric tailgate and like all tourings the independent glass.

Ive got journeys to Poole, norwich and bridgewater in the coming weeks, some long runs for us to get properly aquainted👍

8 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

Thanks mate!  Wednesday can’t come quick enough 😁 yes it’s got the electric tailgate and like all tourings the independent glass.

Ive got journeys to Poole, norwich and bridgewater in the coming weeks, some long runs for us to get properly aquainted👍

I bet mate! 

Sounds good. It’s a great motorway cruiser. 

I'm in a F30 330D Xdrive at the moment and absolutely love it. My daily commute is a 60 mile round trip with a good amount of city driving thrown in at each end and I'm still getting an average of 42mpg! That's pretty damn good for a car with that much power, I think I'd struggle to find a better balance between power and economy. The best it's averaged was 56.9mpg on a drive up to Catterick and I wasn't exactly hanging about. The ZF8 auto box is absolutely brilliant, had some reservations about getting an 'auto' at first but wouldn't go back now. Best all round car I've ever had.

I think it's hard to fault a BMW in general, stick X-Drive on it and it's nigh on unbeatable compared to like for like competition. Coming from Essex and having had numerous Ford company cars I think the Ford brand is under rated (had a Merc GLA a couple years back and that was worse than any Ford I "owned" in the past 15 years or so) but the switch to BMWs was an undeniable upgrade. I'm on my second 4 series (previous got stolen) and er indoors on her first X3 - can't see us switching brands unless there's a change of jobs to be honest.

Well. I’m about 400 miles in and I’m really pleased😁 quiet, comfortable, sporty and practical. The wife refuses to drive it as it’s an auto, no bad thing! 

4 dump runs and a kids day out over the weekend. It’s not the biggest estate but there’s room enough for most eventualities. Sporty enough for some play time when I get the chance.

I'm definitely a convert. 

22 hours ago, shalfordninja33 said:

Well. I’m about 400 miles in and I’m really pleased😁 quiet, comfortable, sporty and practical. The wife refuses to drive it as it’s an auto, no bad thing! 

4 dump runs and a kids day out over the weekend. It’s not the biggest estate but there’s room enough for most eventualities. Sporty enough for some play time when I get the chance.

I'm definitely a convert. 

Pleased to hear it! 👍