Northumberland bargain still not filled.....

Is this a bump, which my get me banned.......

2 months ago I posted this, and (other than a few tyre kickers) I’ve had no interest.  

Is the cost too much? (I’m joking)

original post -  

Shoot syndicate of 6 people who shoot once a month through the season.  The bag ranges from 5-10 each day. The land is big enough for a 4-5 hour day, start at 10.30 and finish around 2-3pm. 

Included in the price is your lunch which consists of a couple of hot beef rolls, a soft drink / glass of port and a piece of cake. 

There is no expectation of work, but it is also welcome. 

A dog is essential due to the nature of the land.

Cost for the season £80. (There are no extras such as pigeon shooting or vermin) 

Edited by markm

Hi Chaps.

Thanks for the replies. The shoot is located between Morpeth and Alnwick, just off the A1. 

Dogs are needed due to the nature of the land, style of shooting and splitting up to cover hedgerows etc. 

It is strange considering the amount of people always asking or looking for somewhere to shoot.

At that price its ideal for some of these to get a foot in the door.I think it more shows that some folk do indeed care that they at least get a few birds for their time than just enjoy the day out and the birds are a bonus.

Ive tried to put feeders at as many places as i can and have tremendous walked up sport and all for the price of barley and diesel.Dont understand why more dont do the same.

Cheers chaps. That’s a fair point sako, the current members are by no means ‘poor’ we just enjoy a walk around, a laugh and a few birds if we stumble upon them.  The money (nearly covers) the rent and 3/4 tonne of grain........ 

Shoot saturdays. As it’s walked up, often a lot more are missed rather than bagged. 

Its also ‘all inclusive’ food, port and soft drinks for lunch (both if you want). 

49 minutes ago, markm said:

Cheers chaps. That’s a fair point sako, the current members are by no means ‘poor’ we just enjoy a walk around, a laugh and a few birds if we stumble upon them.  The money (nearly covers) the rent and 3/4 tonne of grain........ 

Shoot saturdays. As it’s walked up, often a lot more are missed rather than bagged. 

Its also ‘all inclusive’ food, port and soft drinks for lunch (both if you want). 

Nothing I like better than a good ole walk around with the gun and the dog trying to do his best to put up something to shoot at , bag wise don't mean a thing it's the anticipation and a chin wag with the boys that count and at that money it's a gift . 

This brilliant offer should have been snapped up by now and whoever go for it should think that was there lucky day when they saw the advert . GOOD LUCK 

4 hours ago, grahamch said:

I think the requirement for a dog will put a lot of folk off, some are just not in the position to have a dog

Sorry, when it comes down to walking hedge rows / rough shooting with a gun under your arm, what flushes the hen sitting tight and if you have a runner, what can a ‘non dog owner’ do about it......

Do you really think I’m going bankrupt for £80. 

There are always let days for those who ‘are not in the position to have a dog’ 

On 02/05/2019 at 21:45, markm said:

Hi Chaps.

Thanks for the replies. The shoot is located between Morpeth and Alnwick, just off the A1. 

Dogs are needed due to the nature of the land, style of shooting and splitting up to cover hedgerows etc. 

Nice part of the country, I have a lot of Vermin control permission in this area so know it well, It will be good shooting for someone just a shame I'm away a lot with work so can't guarantee to be home on shoot days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 21:45, markm said:

Hi Chaps.

Wish my Springer' wax younger 

I would agree that the price seems fair.

I think we have to accept though that there are a lot of people out there that say a lot and do little ! 

For example:

We have a Little DIY syndicate where its £400 to join first year and £300 year after that. We put down 200-250 birds and shoot once a fortnight with great returns but also have wild duck, WoodCock and Snipe in our bags. We have two beaters also. Being a member gives shooting over the land all year around and members regularly fill their trailers with firewood too and one guy occasionally has crayfish from the stream also. But despite advertising on FB and in the local paper we haven't had anyone come forward to fill a vacant post. :no:

So I have come to the solution that talk is very cheap.

Good luck in getting some guns to attend though :good: