Letter to GMTV

Well done again turbo! Perhaps BASC, CA, NGO et al should consider employing you as their Public Relations Officer? They certainly need someone who is prepared to fight "gloves off"!...........gentlemanly, political persuasion ain't workin!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, scouser said:

Well put, if only someone like David Beckham, or better still Richard Attenborough, where farmers, we might get some balanced reporting ,we need someone high profile in our corner.

Adam Henson, does a lot of Arable, what does he think?,  Lord Vestey, James Dyson, Duke of Beaufort, Edward Guiness, all big landowners/farmers.

Then there is  Sir Ian Botham, Sir Jackie Stewart, Sir Gareth Edwards, Jack Charlton OBE, Vinnie Jones, etc

Somebody must have point of view from these people.

3 hours ago, twenty said:

Adam Henson, does a lot of Arable, what does he think?,  Lord Vestey, James Dyson, Duke of Beaufort, Edward Guiness, all big landowners/farmers.

Then there is  Sir Ian Botham, Sir Jackie Stewart, Sir Gareth Edwards, Jack Charlton OBE, Vinnie Jones, etc

hello, not likely to get any response from Adam Henson, he only rents the farm, i would think he is self employed and payed same as other celebrities with the BBC, that is why there is no shooting companies/ stands  or clay pigeon shooting at the Country File show    

3 hours ago, twenty said:

I think you missed the most important one the Duke of Westminster 

8 hours ago, scouser said:

Well put, if only someone like David Beckham, or better still Richard Attenborough, where farmers, we might get some balanced reporting ,we need someone high profile in our corner.

What about vinnie jones he likes his shooting he must know plenty of celebs who might help.

11 minutes ago, figgy said:

Vinnie's dad's a keeper. Don't think Vinnie has a licence himself, or didn't have in the past.

Shooting UK did a feature with Vinnie (see July 12th 2017).

He has a Beretta EELL game gun, Semi-auto for fowling, a 20 bore for rabbiting and another Beretta for pigeon, a good write up as well..........hope he has a certificate !

1 minute ago, twenty said:

Shooting UK did a feature with Vinnie (see July 12th 2017).

He has a Beretta EELL game gun, Semi-auto for fowling, a 20 bore for rabbiting and another Beretta for pigeon, a good write up as well..........hope he has a certificate !

And that his EEll has barrels that are longer than 24"😂

Seriously, I have nothing against Vinnie, not even met the chap.........but...........with his acting persona which strangely the world believes is the real person,  I don't think he would be my first choice to support our cause, Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels is what Mr Packham capitalises on as a true representation of rural life and who we are.

Edited by turbo33

I would suggest Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, his former chef Tim Maddams is a keen shot, property guru Phil Spencer, Gordon Ramsay - all have been on TV shooting. Younger and more well-known the better. I would forget the big landowners and titled (on previous posts). Completely wrong profiles for this battle. James Dyson isn't keen on shooting on his land, btw!

I applaud you sir ,brilliant letter , well written and well said ,as said probably dont hold your breath for a reply but i hope you do get one , good to see you have included the links for the videos although packams argument there would be “ its just nature taking its natural course”  , even though the corvids and grey squirrel are reducing the song bird population drastically ,it may still shock them into action 

good luck 

What an articulate and well reasoned letter. Make no mistake, we are under attack from all quarters, this is a major coup for Packham and his band, even when the general licences are restored we will have lost ground. NE/DEFRA or who ever ends up issuing the licences will almost certainly give a nod to the antis and so the ratchet jumps another click.

We have very few friends in the media, certainly few who are willing to put their head above the parapet and those that do often give the impression we are all landed gentry.

What about George Digweed MBE, as an ambassador, 26 world titles and regular field shooter.

On 02/05/2019 at 19:48, Mightymariner said:

I would suggest Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, his former chef Tim Maddams is a keen shot, property guru Phil Spencer, Gordon Ramsay - all have been on TV shooting. Younger and more well-known the better. I would forget the big landowners and titled (on previous posts). Completely wrong profiles for this battle. James Dyson isn't keen on shooting on his land, btw!

I never knew that. I shoot on some of his land and have done for years before he bought it. 

Thanks for the replies chaps. I'm ( unlike Packman) not on an ego trip, too old for all that! But we can sit back and do nothing, or raise our game and be pro active. The last time we thought, someone else will batt our corner, we lost fox hunting. Instead of a saturday meet with country folk, a glass of port, hot sausage rolls and some excersise, it went to the wall and was lost. I urge people to get off their butts and make a noise about this. If you don't, there will be endless bleating. Its up to all of us to put the real story forward and keep the pressure up.

Atb

T33

Old'un, you have a pm.

On 02/05/2019 at 09:32, scouser said:

Isn't there an England rugby player that is a farmer as well think his name is Julian White he is also an MBE is it worth sending him a letter asking for his celebrity status to try and help