Are you going to get another one?

spandit

On 03/05/2019 at 21:31, drut said:

Waiting for mine to expire(GSD@12.5yrs)& dread the loss,don't know how I will cope but at 70 with bladder cancer am not in a position to offer a "good home/life" to a pup.

Mate just read this.. thats hard and i feel for you.. if it were me id' get a pup TBH

• 3 weeks later...

as I write this reply eyes welling up a bit its still very raw losing jess my best ever dog / friend of 11.5 / 12 yrs very suddenly last Friday [17th] I will say no to another 

but my feelings may change in the future but it will take a special animal to win me over 

1 hour ago, hodge911 said:

as I write this reply eyes welling up a bit its still very raw losing jess my best ever dog / friend of 11.5 / 12 yrs very suddenly last Friday [17th] I will say no to another 

but my feelings may change in the future but it will take a special animal to win me over 

I had a pup for only a week and had serious issues and whilst no where near as long as with your amazing dog it absolutely sucked :/ 

We waiting a good few months and got another and he has been a joy to have :) 

Thats the good thing about having a pack, 6 at the moment, yes it still hurts when one goes and you still miss them but you have to get on with looking after the others having said all that I am dreading the day when my oldest goes he is one special dog but at 11years old I should have a couple of more years I hope.

On 07/05/2019 at 18:49, islandgun said:

Mate just read this.. thats hard and i feel for you.. if it were me id' get a pup TBH

Thank you for your compassion,lost her(euthanised)21/05/2019.House and my insides are empty but I have lasted long enough to see her needs properly seen to,can't see that for the lifetime of another dog so no go.

39 minutes ago, drut said:

Thank you for your compassion,lost her(euthanised)21/05/2019.House and my insides are empty but I have lasted long enough to see her needs properly seen to,can't see that for the lifetime of another dog so no go.

Respect your choice, life can be a complete **** at times, it occurs that there are plenty of older rescue dogs that could do with a home.. just a thought and like i say respect for what ever you choose

WE won't get another dog, my old mate Ollie went a couple of years ago and it was just too much. Not just his long and drawn out final illness but the knowledge that the vet was screwing us because she knew my step daughter would never agree to having him put to sleep.

If they had double the life span then maybe