NE to be stripped of doing GL

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am amazed that the phrase "without fear or favour" has not been evoked in this situation regarding NE and its officers.  This is how civil or public servants or those authorised to act on behalf of Government are expected to act.  They must put aside their own beliefs and act in the interests of all by taking an impartial stance.  It is a very difficult stance to take sometimes as I know from my own career but take it they must.  Particularly if they are friends or acquaintances of the parties involved or ones previous career background demonstrates certain mindsets or beliefs.

Those officers who feel they cannot put aside such feelings etc should resign or hand the task to someone else who has no axe to grind.  This may be why Juniper and his merry men have lost the responsibility for GL's.        

23 hours ago, lancer425 said:

Thank god we have BASC .

+1  but some of the other shooting organisations are on the ball as well( hopefully)  I do think we need to be actively fighting back on this and any other attacks we come under in the future (And we will that’s for sure ),  I have been a basc  member for years but sometimes I do think that they sit on their hands, i  for one  wouldn’t mind donating the price of a slab  of cartridges or maybe tow  Per year to any organisation new or old that could stand  up And really take a reasoned  argument to put a point across  because I do feel that these  that these groups like Wild justice are  having things all their own way surely this can’t be good for us 

3 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

+1  but some of the other shooting organisations are on the ball as well( hopefully)  I do think we need to be actively fighting back on this and any other attacks we come under in the future (And we will that’s for sure ),  I have been a basc  member for years but sometimes I do think that they sit on their hands, i  for one  wouldn’t mind donating the price of a slab  of cartridges or maybe tow  Per year to any organisation new or old that could stand  up And really take a reasoned  argument to put a point across  because I do feel that these  that these groups like Wild justice are  having things all their own way surely this can’t be good for us 

I agree and many of the other shooting organisations will add to the bigger picture i am sure.