Sign in to follow this  
mossy835

rooks

a year tomorrow i shot 84 rooks,thats branchers, now this year i cant.

1 hour ago, mossy835 said:

a year tomorrow i shot 84 rooks,thats branchers, now this year i cant.

Brancher's have got a small time window , although around here it would at the moment be a few days early before it would be the ideal time to trim a few out , time wise , no more than a week from the time they leave the nest to sit and exercise there wings on the branch , so if the G L isn't sorted out soon you will have to wait till next year , that's if it would ever be allowed again.

2 hours ago, GingerCat said:

The ones near me have fledged and gone. 

That would be very early Ginger Cat , the traditional time around here is around the second week in May , with heavy Hail showers here this morning I guess it will be a few more yet .

I had 4 nests in the trees at the bottom of my garden. The young left this week. They were branching out so to speak last week and the week before. 

hello, just before all this N/E business i was asked to thin out 8/10 rook nests, around 100 rooks morning noon and night right by the farm house, i think it will end up me sorting the nests out after young have flown hoping they will go over to a near spinney about 500 yards away