Local Elections

Lloyd90

No one talking about this? 

Apparently the cons have lost over 1000 councillors. 

Labour down over 100. 

Lib Dem’s are claiming a massive victory / success although it would have been hard for them to get any worse. 

Lots of independents also voted in. 

It’s a real shame in my opinion so many spoilt their ballot papers, as I feel they are just put aside at the counting office. 

Do they keep a record of the number of spoilt ballots? 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Brexit party candidates.....people voting Lib Dem and Independents because they don't want to vote Lab or Con....also the reason some are spoiling their ballot papers!

Wait for the EU elections, that maybe a better yardstick with which to judge what people really think?

19 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Labour down over 100. 

Lib Dem’s are claiming a massive victory / success although it would have been hard for them to get any worse. 

It’s a real shame in my opinion so many spoilt their ballot papers, as I feel they are just put aside at the counting office. 

That's as maybe  but with us the cons took the council - leiboor lost 18 seats mostly to the cons.

22 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Labour down over 100. 

Yes, all spoilt papers have to be counted and there was an overwhelming number never heard of before.

If Labour can't unseat the ruling party (which is lying in tatters at national level),  they haven't a hope of forming a government - the LibDems simply benefitted from being the repository for the protest vote and the disillusioned voter, so their moment in the sun won't last.

Roll on the EU elections in three weeks - my money is on the Brexit party sweeping them all aside - then we'll see real political turmoil.

Go Nigel !

appalled to say i spoilt my ballot paper ......first time ever

the other parties gained greatly..........proberly because they couldnt bring themselves to vote for that bloody old woman cable...........

bring on the Euro's..............that will be a reasonable indicator........

local elections dont mean doodlesquat.............dosnt matter who you have in ...you dont notice any difference..........

what the heck............what do i know anyway............................

im on shiraz tonite curtysy of me old mate whitebridges..........

Just now, ditchman said:

the other parties gained greatly..........proberly because they couldnt bring themselves to vote for that bloody old woman cable...........

local elections dont mean doodlesquat.............dosnt matter who you have in ...you dont notice any difference..........

Why are you appalled ? Democracy gives you the right to vote, but also the right not to !

If you're dissatisfied with the options available (as are millions of others), you voiced that dissatisfaction in the only peaceful way you can !

5 minutes ago, Blackbriar said:

If Labour can't unseat the ruling party (which is lying in tatters at national level),  they haven't a hope of forming a government - the LibDems simply benefitted from being the repository for the protest vote and the disillusioned voter, so their moment in the sun won't last.

Roll on the EU elections in three weeks - my money is on the Brexit party sweeping them all aside - then we'll see real political turmoil.

Go Nigel !

Yes the two main parties still in denial blaming everything bar themselves.   Will someone please shut  that Liberal idiot Vince Cable up.

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Same ... Same.  You are quite right.

Vice cable can crow all he wants but as there were only 4 choices and one of them was the greens, the lib dems were the lesser of 4 evils, if vince cable doesn't recognize this then he is even more of a fool than he looks in his hat and coat .

Voting for the lib dems was simply a protest at labour and the tories, as the lib dems are seen as fairly harmless.

Watching the local election programmes on BBC, ITV and Sky today, all the panels made up of around 3 remainers to 1 brexiteer, or no brexiteer...............? no bias obviously.

All the usual favourites .....Barry Gardiner, Emily Thornberry, Hilary Benn, Chuka Umuna,............the dream team.

Bring on May 23rd and Nige....................Although I haven't received my polling card yet,....?

Not surprising, Mays team stab her in the back, Labour promise everything but can't possibly deliver any of it. Who out of anyone on here, would stay around a group of squabbling Muppets that can't decide on anything. 

The country has had its fill with the lot if them. Yet those in power can't see that the people of the UK have had enough of the childish antics. 

1 minute ago, twenty said:

Watching the local election programmes on BBC, ITV and Sky today, all the panels made up of around 3 remainers to 1 brexiteer, or no brexiteer...............? no bias obviously.

All the usual favourites .....Barry Gardiner, Emily Thornberry, Hilary Benn, Chuka Umuna,............the dream team.

Bring on May 23rd and Nige....................Although I haven't received my polling card yet,....?

Nightmare Team!

5 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

if vince cable doesn't recognize this then he is even more of a fool than he looks in his hat and coat .

👍.....you are being too complimentary to the delusional old fool.....but then again he did get himself re-elected to get the snout back in the trough...and top up his pension.   

😤

49 minutes ago, ditchman said:

You didn’t spoil your Ballot paper- just that you Norfolk boys find it difficult to fathom the voting process of ‘x’ in the box 🙂

I sent this...

Dear Mr. X,

It is with regret that I voted for the X party yesterday. Ordinarily I would have voted Conservative, having done so all my adult life. However, the on-going issues between the appointed government minister, Mr. Gove, Natural England and the reluctance to engage with any of the bodies that represent either farming or shooting; traditional custodians of the countryside for decades, has left me with no other option.

It appears, when it comes to so many issues not least this, that the Conservative party has rather lost it's way lately. We see a party that pardons terrorists yet prosecutes ex servicemen, a party that offered a referendum and then plainly refuses to deliver on the result, a party that now lends an ear to animal rights extremists rather than peer reviewed research and established methods.

Until and unless this government delivers, in a timely manner, workable licences to cover all 16 species previously listed and now revoked, I will continue to support any other party at the ballot box.

Yours sincerely,

X

I wouldn't want anyone to cut and paste this, that would be terrible.

29 minutes ago, mick miller said:
1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

It will be interesting to see what happens at the Peterborough by-election.

I sent this...

Dear Mr. X,

It is with regret that I voted for the X party yesterday. Ordinarily I would have voted Conservative, having done so all my adult life. However, the on-going issues between the appointed government minister, Mr. Gove, Natural England and the reluctance to engage with any of the bodies that represent either farming or shooting; traditional custodians of the countryside for decades, has left me with no other option.

It appears, when it comes to so many issues not least this, that the Conservative party has rather lost it's way lately. We see a party that pardons terrorists yet prosecutes ex servicemen, a party that offered a referendum and then plainly refuses to deliver on the result, a party that now lends an ear to animal rights extremists rather than peer reviewed research and established methods.

Until and unless this government delivers, in a timely manner, workable licences to cover all 16 species previously listed and now revoked, I will continue to support any other party at the ballot box.

Yours sincerely,

X

I wouldn't want anyone to cut and paste this, that would be terrible.

While i know where your coming from, I'm sure there are plenty of counsellors and MPs who don't know or care about the general licence being revoked.

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

Voting for the lib dems was simply a protest at labour and the tories, as the lib dems are seen as fairly harmless.

seems about right.

messed something up there? Newbie why?

31 minutes ago, mick miller said:

It appears, when it comes to so many issues not least this, that the Conservative party has rather lost it's way lately.

The Conservative party ceased to exist on 28th November 1990.

I protest voted. At least that way my vote still counts for something.

It was tempted to spoil my paper, but that achieves even less (IMO). It still shows the mood of the nation though.

I'm going to start the Spoilt Ballot Paper Party - reckon I've got quite a few in the bank already.