Would you believe it . Pigeons hitting sugar beet

Harnser

Went over to see my farmer friend today . He was pulling his hair out as a lot of pigeons were hitting the the young sugar beet . He has had put gas guns on the fields .  You should hear the language and his views on natural England and packham . Chitting peas will be the next target . I am just standing around scratching my back side .

Harnser

37 minutes ago, Harnser said:

Went over to see my farmer friend today . He was pulling his hair out as a lot of pigeons were hitting the the young sugar beet . He has had put gas guns on the fields .  You should hear the language and his views on natural England and packham . Chitting peas will be the next target . I am just standing around scratching my back side .

Harnser

Having the same problems here, just started getting a few on the beet  when the ban hit, now peas are up all over the estate , the manager has phoned me twice in the last 4 days begging me to help get the pigeons off but what can I do, not prepared to risk massive fines or a short spell at her majesties pleasure for anyone, Im sticking to the gardening, where I am having to chase the pigeons off with a big 'non lethal' stick, Oh yes, I had the first fledgling woody in the garden today still had the soft beak and feather down, made a bee line for my strawberry patch which is already showing some green fruits, I had to educate the baby pidgy in the error of his (or her) ways.non lethal of course !!!!

22 minutes ago, Harnser said:

If things get to bad then I will drive around the farms and put a few shots up to help to keep them off the fields . 

Harnser

See the new General licence issued this afternoon. You will be fine protecting that sugarbeet tomorrow.