Crow shooting

I have looked endlessly through the forum trying to find out where we all stand regards shooting crows and other corvids 

I have read about now being able to get back out on the pigeons but need to know if we are able to get on the crows yet

Could someone please let me know where we are with with shooting crows on crops as I have a few fields of maize that they are pulling up and need controlling 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, shawn9914 said:

shooting crows on crops

The only licence currently on issue for Crows (GL26), covers danger to livestock not crop protection. Unless they released something last night after 8-00 pm, we are still waiting.

Whose going to interpret the law,  just because there's no livestock in the field where your shooting crows it doesn't mean that the crows will fly to another field where there is livestock and attack them  so your stopping it before it happens, some of the fields I shoot on are in the middle of know where so how are they going to police you. I think if you carry some banger ropes with you and a hand held gas horn and maybe some lengths of streamers to show you have tried other methods of control they would have a hard time proving you have not done enough.  In a few weeks time every thing will be back to normal and we will carry on as before and everyone will be talking about brexit again but the powers to be must make sure this can not happen again by tightening up the rules and not leave it open to somebody like Packham to cause us all grief again.

48 minutes ago, Farcombehall said:

Whose going to interpret the law,  just because there's no livestock in the field where your shooting crows it doesn't mean that the crows will fly to another field where there is livestock and attack them  so your stopping it before it happens, some of the fields I shoot on are in the middle of know where so how are they going to police you. I think if you carry some banger ropes with you and a hand held gas horn and maybe some lengths of streamers to show you have tried other methods of control they would have a hard time proving you have not done enough.  In a few weeks time every thing will be back to normal and we will carry on as before and everyone will be talking about brexit again but the powers to be must make sure this can not happen again by tightening up the rules and not leave it open to somebody like Packham to cause us all grief again.

Just a thought.

According to the consensus from our shooting organisations it would be unwise legally to proceed as you say you wish to?

Regarding your thought on someone proving you had not done enough, maybe it would be you required to prove that you had? A bit difficult when nothing actually specified?

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:53, rapid .25 said:

It's still the same regarding ""crows"", we can only shoot carion crows that are a danger to livestock.

that's the biggest farce about it all, and shows you how short sighted they all are  a crow can  attack a lamb on a livestock farm  one  day then the very same bird can raid a nest the next day on a arable  farm few miles away they seem to have forgot that crows have wings and can fly 

On 04/05/2019 at 05:03, shawn9914 said:

I have looked endlessly through the forum trying to find out where we all stand regards shooting crows and other corvids 

I have read about now being able to get back out on the pigeons but need to know if we are able to get on the crows yet

Could someone please let me know where we are with with shooting crows on crops as I have a few fields of maize that they are pulling up and need controlling 

Thanks 

Back on the pigeon? What? we are legally allowed to shoot them again? I'm so confused, plus being in hospital and then tied up with extra work, I've had little or no time to get my head around it all. Clear advice anyone 😵

1 hour ago, getthegat said:

Back on the pigeon? What? we are legally allowed to shoot them again? I'm so confused, plus being in hospital and then tied up with extra work, I've had little or no time to get my head around it all. Clear advice anyone 😵

yes you can shoot pigeons now as long as you abide by the new GL rules and prove if asked that you have tried all the none lethal methods and they haven't worked and you can shoot crows only if your protecting livestock not crops

6 hours ago, Farcombehall said:

yes you can shoot pigeons now as long as you abide by the new GL rules and prove if asked that you have tried all the none lethal methods and they haven't worked and you can shoot crows only if your protecting livestock not crops

So I think at this moment, my immediate response is.......Woooo,flippin,whoooooo😀. Going to look at all the legal sides of protection of course, but bring on the happy days. Cheers all.

12 minutes ago, getthegat said:

So I think at this moment, my immediate response is.......Woooo,flippin,whoooooo😀. Going to look at all the legal sides of protection of course, but bring on the happy days. Cheers all.

Best of luck to you but when you have read the terms of the gl don't look at it to find a way to shoot look at it from the other side as how someone could use it to prosecute you for shooting that may give you an idea of how hard it will be if not impossible to stay legal.