Changes To The General Licence

9 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Maybe I'm being daft and it has been a long day, but where is the registration bit. All I can see is for existing users.

Click on the customer registration tab... The systems a bit clunky but works

EDIT I should have read the above post first!

Edited by Tford

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Maybe I'm being daft and it has been a long day, but where is the registration bit. All I can see is for existing users.

Pointless applying for this if you have to prove you have tried ALL non-lethal methods first.

Wow, the comments on Facebook are worrying! From people saying they'll be ok as they only wander round a permission to take a few for the pot, to the person saying "I think it's just people with licences to kill them I've been looking and doesn't seem to say people with shotgun license", to those saying only the police can take away their general licence anyway 😟

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

Pointless applying for this if you have to prove you have tried ALL non-lethal methods first.

Don't know what level of proof is required as yet. No other satisfactory solution is the test in question, not that you have tried everything else first

Edited by Tford

well i have registered as a "householder" but 

Please note that you will now receive a request to supply documentary evidence to verify your details. The request will be sent to the postal address you have submitted within the next 5 working days.

You will not be able to use the online application system and no licences will be issued until this documentary evidence has been supplied.

not quite sure what "documentary evidence " they may need 

33 minutes ago, Wingman said:

I am absolutely livid about this how can it happen without any consultation with the shooting community. Fat lot of use the bodies that are meant to represent us have been. 

Precisely. What the hell have the shooting bodies such as the BASC being doing??? Surely they should have been fully engaged with this but clearly this is news to them.

Shocking ! The whole thing stinks of that twisted nurd Packham and his political motives.

I tell you what i hope we starve parliament first before there is no beer, bread, peas or pork on the table for the people because the vermin got to it first.

.....and they release this on St. Georges day. Heathen filth.            

Edited by Whitebridges

I was just enquiring into a syndicate aswell guess that could be on hold. Bet when there cornflakes run low there will be a few complaints. Bloody idiots in power without a realistic clue on how the world works. It All sounds good on paper for some moronic pen pusher who's related to a vegan tree hugging ****......

Interesting situation i do not think this as been very well thought out on NEs part , and in view of the funding issues they are having is this wise.

I think we will be seeing something far more streamlined and workable than applying for individual licences. I think we all need to sit back and let this develop and see what happens and take things from there. .

BASC.................as far as im concerned are a failure.......they have been taking shooters money for years to protect their rights..........and when it comes to what that organisation was set up for in the first place..they should have had their ear to the ground.....that is their job.......they were found wanting........so they have been taking our money ...to what avail...........they can "talk the talk ..........but they cant walk the walk"............

i hope this can be sorted out...its just another turn of the screw

Am I the only one who's hoping a revised license could be a good thing? I.E. more clarification rather than open to interpretation? 

I see the organisations are getting a lot of stick again, has it dawned on some people yet that they simply don't carry much clout? 

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

BASC.................as far as im concerned are a failure.......they have been taking shooters money for years to protect their rights..........and when it comes to what that organisation was set up for in the first place..they should have had their ear to the ground.....that is their job.......they were found wanting........so they have been taking our money ...to what avail...........they can "talk the talk ..........but they cant walk the walk"............

i hope this can be sorted out...its just another turn of the screw

Agree 100% 

Waiting to see what they say and do after this debacle. It better be good otherwise membership from me is the two fingered salute.  

Just now, Whitebridges said:

Agree 100% 

Waiting to see what they say and do after this debacle. It better be good otherwise membership from me is the two fingered salute.  

I Didnt renew this year. 

Just now, Ttfjlc said:

Am I the only one who's hoping a revised license could be a good thing? I.E. more clarification rather than open to interpretation? 

I see the organisations are getting a lot of stick again, has it dawned on some people yet that they simply don't carry much clout? 

Think we all are .but i doubt it