Changes To The General Licence

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Dekers said:

Cheers for posting that mick, what a load of malarkey, especially as they have (so I understand) 3 staff to process this in the short term.

Don't hold your breath!

Exactly. Are we supposed to take that seriously? If ANY of our shooting organisations accept that as acceptable then I am cancelling my subscription immediately!

What  crock of poop! Farmer calls at 7pm. 'Hi ****. Spring barely is being hammered mate, can you pop round in the morning and give 'em a leathering?' 

'Er...it may not be tomorrow ******* as I've got to file an application entailing all the non lethal methods I've used first, and then enter my hat size and inside leg measurement, before they get back to me in a couple of days, weeks, whenever. Sorry. Hello? Hello? Are you there *******?' 

6 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Isn't it very sad that a small pressure group are in a position to "give NE until January" to do something.  NE are a government agency - and should not be answerable or under the control of a small pressure group setting their agenda.

Talk about tail wagging dog!

NE have been wholly responsible for this mess, disastrously and totally incompetent in the way they have handled it - and resignations should happen - failing that - dismissals.

Sadly John you are quite correct, once again we have these incompetents in jobs of importance to the detriment of most?

22 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Ok 

lets put a more positive energy into this 

how would you like the new general license to be written 

what should it say? 

Its easy to moan and knock 

offer a solution

maybe the powers that be will take some of the ideas on board 

don’t hold back 

mods /op if this is in the wrong place my apologies please move 

of 

GENERAL LICENCE
To kill or take certain species of wild birds In England. Introduced Midnight 24/04/2018 This licence replaces GL03/GL04/ GL05/GL06 And other bird Schedules In force prior to the above date.

Part one.

Wild birds which may be killed or taken at any time by authorised persons
Cormorant    Red-breasted merganser (in Scotland only)
Crow, carrion    
Crow, hooded    Rock-dove (in Scotland only)
Domestic pigeon gone feral    Rook
Goosander (in Scotland only)    ****
Gull, greater black-backed  
Gull, lesser black-backed  
Gull, herring    Starling
Jackdaw    Stock-dove
Jay    Wood-pigeon
Magpie  

Several Species of raptor Please See Game management Licence For Full details Available Free and Dowwnload Here On this website.  

Part Two

birds which may be killed or taken outside the close season

Any wild bird included in Section One And. Capercaillie Coot Curlew (other than stone curlew) Godwit, bar-tailed Moorhen Plover, golden Plover, grey Redshank, common Snipe, common Snipe, jack Wild duck of the following species—

Common pochard Gadwall Mallard Pintail Shoveller Teal Tufted duck Wigeon Golden eye Wild geese of the following species—

Greylag Goose Brent goose Egyptian goose Barnicle Goose Canada goose Pink-footed goose White-fronted goose Woodcock.

And any other bird included in the new Version of the Game licence available free online on this website.

Please note Due to environmental changes As of October the !st 2020 the Shooting season will begin on October 1st and end on the first of march Inland and On March 20th On Intertidal areas. 

3 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

GENERAL LICENCE
To kill or take certain species of wild birds In England. Introduced Midnight 24/04/2018 This licence replaces GL03/GL04/ GL05/GL06 And other bird Schedules In force prior to the above date.

Part one.

Wild birds which may be killed or taken at any time by authorised persons
Cormorant    Red-breasted merganser (in Scotland only)
Crow, carrion    
Crow, hooded    Rock-dove (in Scotland only)
Domestic pigeon gone feral    Rook
Goosander (in Scotland only)    ****
Gull, greater black-backed  
Gull, lesser black-backed  
Gull, herring    Starling
Jackdaw    Stock-dove
Jay    Wood-pigeon
Magpie  

Several Species of raptor Please See Game management Licence For Full details Available Free and Dowwnload Here On this website.  

Part Two

birds which may be killed or taken outside the close season

Any wild bird included in Section One And. Capercaillie Coot Curlew (other than stone curlew) Godwit, bar-tailed Moorhen Plover, golden Plover, grey Redshank, common Snipe, common Snipe, jack Wild duck of the following species—

Common pochard Gadwall Mallard Pintail Shoveller Teal Tufted duck Wigeon Golden eye Wild geese of the following species—

Greylag Goose Brent goose Egyptian goose Barnicle Goose Canada goose Pink-footed goose White-fronted goose Woodcock.

And any other bird included in the new Version of the Game licence available free online on this website.

Please note Due to environmental changes As of October the !st 2020 the Shooting season will begin on October 1st and end on the first of march Inland and On March 20th On Intertidal areas. 

Good call on cormorant there’s thousands of the blighters round here, fish less so.

17 minutes ago, Scully said:

Exactly. Are we supposed to take that seriously? If ANY of our shooting organisations accept that as acceptable then I am cancelling my subscription immediately!

What  crock of poop! Farmer calls at 7pm. 'Hi ****. Spring barely is being hammered mate, can you pop round in the morning and give 'em a leathering?' 

'Er...it may not be tomorrow ******* as I've got to file an application entailing all the non lethal methods I've used first, and then enter my hat size and inside leg measurement, before they get back to me in a couple of days, weeks, whenever. Sorry. Hello? Hello? Are you there *******?' 

:good:

5 minutes ago, Miserableolgit said:

What! They've left off the requirement for a sample of the applicants blood and urine samples to accompany each and every licence application....... 🙄🙄🙄

I think the next move will be along the lines of;

"following the introduction of the individual license application process ..... it has become apparent that only a small proportion of the applications are meeting the necessary criteria.  Therefore it has been decided that it is not suitable to introduce a 'General' license because the same criteria would not be met"

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

It wouldn't be beyond the antis to do this themselves! That would wrest the high ground from the pro shooting lobby......Why do we presume it's a shooter?

Its Wild Justice that has shot themselves in the foot by putting already endangered and "at risk" species at further risk, by taking legal action that has lead to the removal of their protection from avian pests.

I'm with zapp on this, the actual truth is irrelevant, damage done in the eyes of the largely uncaring masses?