Changes To The General Licence

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Just a thought, but can we not lobby to remove the fool at the top of NE.. as he has a history of being anti shooting and pals with Avery, surely his appointment us a little suspect and surely he is not the right person for this role

When was the last time that stopped someone getting a government job?

14 hours ago, Mighty Ruler said:

I wonder if tonight’s Countryfile will mention the GL suspension and Packham’s role in it.

They didn't.

14 hours ago, dodgy dave said:

doubt it its pre recorded

The weather bit isn't so, for something as "countryfile" as this, why no mention.

Would it be the Biased Broadcasting Corporation at play AGAIN?

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Interesting, but with respect It doesn’t tell us anything we don’t already know, or that isnt already in the public domain? 

I quite agree, my point was it is being written about and will do us as shooters no favours, time to get the shooting orgainisations fired up to present our side of the argument.

Just now, gotgcoalman said:

They got the day wrong 🙄

Ok who sent the piece of wood with the doodle on it?

been refreshing the NE web page since I got in from work and no update as of 30 seconds ago.

Probably did it himself!........he's apparantly already admitted he's a little weird! 😜And It would take someone weird to hang dead Crows of his garden gate? 🤔

Looks like farmers will adapt where they can.

Went out this morning to see a local farmer as he is due to sow some maize this week, we were chatting about the situation and I mentioned we may have something in the way of a new GL licence this week for crows, the farmer is well up on the situation and informed me he’s purchased two new gas guns and a couple of hawk kites, I have shot this farm for 30+ years, its mainly dairy/grass but he puts a couple of fields of maize in every year and he always phones me when its in, all the years I have shot this farm he as never had a gas gun, but he said he just cannot take the risk of me not being able to shoot the crows, think we might see a bit more of this if they don’t get things sorted sharpish.

6 minutes ago, old'un said:

Looks like farmers will adapt where they can.

Went out this morning to see a local farmer as he is due to sow some maize this week, we were chatting about the situation and I mentioned we may have something in the way of a new GL licence this week for crows, the farmer is well up on the situation and informed me he’s purchased two new gas guns and a couple of hawk kites, I have shot this farm for 30+ years, its mainly dairy/grass but he puts a couple of fields of maize in every year and he always phones me when its in, all the years I have shot this farm he as never had a gas gun, but he said he just cannot take the risk of me not being able to shoot the crows, think we might see a bit more of this if they don’t get things sorted sharpish.

Unfortunately they get used to it, they will lift circle then drop back in.