Changes To The General Licence

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to embrace the attitude of Packham And Avery. Through the powers of You Tube (they have real pigeons you know) I have begun a course on pigeon communication enabling me to simply ask the birds to stop damaging whatever crop they are eating. Now, here is the sneaky bit, once they have denied my verbal request, which I anticipate they might, I will simply shoot them, all legal and above board. 

Maybe I am just off my rocker along with Packham and Avery.🤪🤪🤔

The registration with NE and the Application for the appropriate licence is the only way you can use the new general licence.  Yes or no.?

Is this it now is this the permanent situation from now on, yes or no?

if NO! are we now going to go through sorting out the general licence through proper consultation. Yes or no.?

8 hours ago, B B said:

The registration with NE and the Application for the appropriate licence is the only way you can use the new general licence.  Yes or no.?

Is this it now is this the permanent situation from now on, yes or no?

if NO! are we now going to go through sorting out the general licence through proper consultation. Yes or no.?

The General Licence is just that....you do not have to apply individually for the licence to shoot crow...you have to abide by the conditions.  Essentially, all shooters must be able to demonstrate that they have adhered to the strict conditions imposed by the General licence.  In this respect, it's really no different than it was previously, but as it is now highlighted, thanks to Packham, and the issue publicised, it would be sensible to be able to evidence your adherence in case of challenge. That goes for us all.

It's disappointing that the rest of the species list hasn't been sorted as originally indicated by 29th.  We'll have to wait and see what emerges.

I'm more concerned by the revelations of the cosy relationship and ties between Gove, his pal at NE, Packham, the BBC and other fingers in the pie.  The corruption and deceit has had the lid blown off it.  The spotlight is now on Gove who will come under intense pressure by furious MPs and Lords to answer for the debacle.

28 minutes ago, Savhmr said:

It's disappointing that the rest of the species list hasn't been sorted as originally indicated by 29th.

They did actually say during w/c (week commencing) 29th April, so they are not late unless these have not appeared by business close on Friday.

28 minutes ago, Savhmr said:

The spotlight is now on Gove who will come under intense pressure by furious MPs and Lords to answer for the debacle.

I hope so.

Edited by JohnfromUK

10 hours ago, Diabolo said:

Anyone fancy this?

https://www.steppestravel.com/alaska-cr ... m/overview

Or this? Only (From) £7,699. 'Course, that doesn't include the price of planting 300 trees to neutralise yer carbon footprint for the flights etc.

https://www.chrispackham.co.uk/news/stu ... with-chris

What a ******* hypocrite.

I see he endorses a new range of shooting clothes, some with handy tracking footprints printed on the lining, might be worth asking him how they perform in the field

658183842_packamjacket.jpg.2965c6ad5eb3ac96eaed8c80acf082e0.jpg

Edited by islandgun

1 hour ago, Savhmr said:

The General Licence is just that....you do not have to apply individually for the licence to shoot crow...you have to abide by the conditions.  Essentially, all shooters must be able to demonstrate that they have adhered to the strict conditions imposed by the General licence.  In this respect, it's really no different than it was previously, but as it is now highlighted, thanks to Packham, and the issue publicised, it would be sensible to be able to evidence your adherence in case of challenge. That goes for us all.

It's disappointing that the rest of the species list hasn't been sorted as originally indicated by 29th.  We'll have to wait and see what emerges.

I'm more concerned by the revelations of the cosy relationship and ties between Gove, his pal at NE, Packham, the BBC and other fingers in the pie.  The corruption and deceit has had the lid blown off it.  The spotlight is now on Gove who will come under intense pressure by furious MPs and Lords to answer for the debacle.

Thank you.:good:

3 minutes ago, rheth said:

hi savhmr,so all that's happening is NE are rewording the old licence and life carrys on as before as long as you adhere to the new licence so no need to fill out the licence application form they have put up on their site.

If you can wait for the specific licence to appear then yes. So far all we have is a very poorly thought out carrion crow licence to protect livestock and game rearing. Nothing else can be shot, not even carrion for crop protection... unless you 'have' to do it which means you have to apply for an individual licence. Which from what had been put on here is either really simple or a pain in the rear. 

The only thing certain about what's happening at NE is uncertainty.

As above, the only General Licence in place is for carrion crow control for the protection of livestock ONLY...no shooting crow on crops.  This was passed to protect farmers lambs during the end of the lambing season.

1 hour ago, dodgy dave said:

dont you belive it 

I'm beginning to think that based on the opinion expressed by the NGO on the recently revised and released GL 06 regarding the additions made to the original, that the bureaucrats at NE are behaving in the manner which they do best. All they had to do to satisfy the objections made by WJ (and the court) was to correct the omission of the use criteria. But no, bureaucrats can't do that, they simply can't avoid fiddling with something that ain't broke - just missing. The 06 does not affect me and by sheer luck we got away with it on our spring drillings so will probably be OK until such time as something gets swathed before we have to look at the GL 04. I'm guessing, but can well imagine that the longer the delay in issuing this one will reflect the magnitude of their unnecessary interference.

15 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I'm beginning to think that based on the opinion expressed by the NGO on the recently revised and released GL 06 regarding the additions made to the original, that the bureaucrats at NE are behaving in the manner which they do best. All they had to do to satisfy the objections made by WJ (and the court) was to correct the omission of the use criteria. But no, bureaucrats can't do that, they simply can't avoid fiddling with something that ain't broke - just missing. The 06 does not affect me and by sheer luck we got away with it on our spring drillings so will probably be OK until such time as something gets swathed before we have to look at the GL 04. I'm guessing, but can well imagine that the longer the delay in issuing this one will reflect the magnitude of their unnecessary interference.

well said