Changes To The General Licence

27 minutes ago, mick miller said:

Okay, I'll put this out there...

When I was a kid, almost fifty years ago, you hardly saw a magpie or crow beside a road or on the hard shoulder. Then, as traffic levels grew and increasingly more of our wildlife became flattened, the population of magpies and carrion crows appeared to 'blossom'. So much so that I barely make any journey without noticing a family of magpies, or handfuls of carrion crows flitting around the hard shoulder, or risking life and wing to swoop down and peck at some random, flat, dead thing, every few hundred yards or so.

So, who are the real villains in all of this?

Irony on  You can't possibly do that - according to RSPB there are only 100,000 in the country irony off  -  that is one per square mile, methinks the counter is blind as well as daft.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Irony on  You can't possibly do that - according to RSPB there are only 100,000 in the country irony off  -  that is one per square mile, methinks the counter is blind as well as daft.

So if that's correct where's the other 1?

There seem to be 99,999 in Co.Durham.

48 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, a friend who is not on PW asked if the farm owner applied  could he put my friend on the GL 04 licence, or will he need to get individual one ? 

The GL04 would be the general licence, the farm would need an individual licence which allows many added 'guns' on the application, but the applicant would need to be in possession of all their details at the time of requesting the licence, Our estate secretary has attempted to file an application but was unable to get all the information required at the right time and has all but given up, we are all waiting for the new general licence which was promised for this week but has obviously failed to appear, no indication of when this will happen, a bit like Brexit, meanwhile approx 500 acres of peas that are just showing green are at present forming a large part of several hundreds of big fat woodies main diet. stroll on, what a sick joke.

9 minutes ago, eastdevon said:

Im hoping squirrels of the grey kind can still be controlled whilst everything else is STILL being sorted??? 

I am assuming that most animals such as rabbit, fox , deer and grey squirrel are on a different licence as no one seems to be quoting problems with their control, or am I wrong?

Edited by lakeside1000

2 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

The GL04 allows many added 'guns' on the application, but the applicant would need to be in possession of all their details at the time of requesting the licence, Our estate secretary has attempted to file an application but was unable to get all the information required at the right time and has all but given up, we are all waiting for the new general licence which was promised for this week but has obviously failed to appear, no indication of when this will happen, a bit like Brexit, meanwhile approx 500 acres of peas that are just showing green are at present forming a large part of several hundreds of big fat woodies main diet. stroll on, what a sick joke.

hello, thankyou, i have not seen anything on this new general licence ?  

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thankyou, i have not seen anything on this new general licence ?  

Sorry just edited the reply as I got a little confused just like the NE, please read edited version, the only general licence in force is the new carrion crow specific licence .

1 minute ago, lakeside1000 said:

Sorry just edited the reply as I got a little confused just like the NE, please read edited version, the only general licence in force is the new carrion crow specific licence .

hello, thankyou, yes so far this is the only licence to be issued so far a GL 26 

10 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

The GL04 allows many added 'guns' on the application, but the applicant would need to be in possession of all their details at the time of requesting the licence, Our estate secretary has attempted to file an application but was unable to get all the information required at the right time and has all but given up, we are all waiting for the new general licence which was promised for this week but has obviously failed to appear, no indication of when this will happen, a bit like Brexit, meanwhile approx 500 acres of peas that are just showing green are at present forming a large part of several hundreds of big fat woodies main diet. stroll on, what a sick joke.

I am assuming that most animals such as rabbit, fox , deer and grey squirrel are on a different licence as no one seems to be quoting problems with their control, or am I wrong?

grey squirrel,rabbits and fox you can still shoot,classed as vermin.

27 minutes ago, lakeside1000 said:

The GL04 would be the general licence, the farm would need an individual licence which allows many added 'guns' on the application, but the applicant would need to be in possession of all their details at the time of requesting the licence, Our estate secretary has attempted to file an application but was unable to get all the information required at the right time and has all but given up, we are all waiting for the new general licence which was promised for this week but has obviously failed to appear, no indication of when this will happen, a bit like Brexit, meanwhile approx 500 acres of peas that are just showing green are at present forming a large part of several hundreds of big fat woodies main diet. stroll on, what a sick joke.

GL 04 05 06 are for the control of 16 bird species... Allowing the lawful removal using lethal force once all other non leathal methods have been exhausted... Fox rabbit and squirrel are classed as vermin and are not on any of the revoked licences! 

Edited by ShootingEgg

3 hours ago, rayhallam said:

has anyone had the letter that NE were supposed to send within 5 days to verify that you are who you say you are

Not me no letter nothing, downloaded the farms and filled in as much as i can so far, all i got from NE was number prefix C . Not sure it is any good now Defra are taking over. This is a disaster how are they going to sort this out. ?