Changes To The General Licence

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ClemFandango said:

You boys get riled up pretty quickly. Wait for the 25th and what form the licences take, I bet it's just a formality to prove you understand the terms of the licence. Storm in a teacup. NE don't have the resource for anything else.

I hope you are correct.

Meanwhile there a 3 large fields of soya being drilled today!!!!

6 minutes ago, JJsDad said:

Well I signed it & also donated a few quid. I cannot abide the condescending, self opinionated little twerp. I bought his bird spotters guide and found he is no David Attenborough.

C4Fe_88XUAMihOQ.jpg.e15f8a3be9f7592cabf572de2bfa75c9.jpg

There won't be many birds left to spot, especially the thrushes, finches tits, song birds ect whose nests are going to be absolutely destroyed by the crow family, he's protecting pests and killing our hedgerow birds and the **** doesn't even realize it.

1 hour ago, ClemFandango said:

You boys get riled up pretty quickly. Wait for the 25th and what form the licences take, I bet it's just a formality to prove you understand the terms of the licence. Storm in a teacup. NE don't have the resource for anything else.

If you are correct that will not satisfy this mob, they will still push for what they really want and that’s a ban on shooting wild birds.

I wholeheartedly agree with the petition. However, the first comment below it is damaging to our cause. Whilst they're certainly not wrong, it's damaging to our cause to have that language associated with the petition. On that basis, I wouldn't be comfortable putting my name down on this one. 

10 hours ago, silver pigeon69 said:

Its worrying that NE etc seem more afraid of Packham and his crowd funding group, that have been around for 10 minutes, with very few facts to back them up, than the likes of BASC, CA, NGO etc.

Probably all about the publicity, naughty government department associated with shooting?

The problem being that the likes of Packham, Avery and the G.C.N. never ever stop drip feeding stuff into the ministerial trough, whereas seemingly our organisations don't have the same portals?

10 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

If natural england are worried that the terms of the gl.arent clear enough and open to missuse .maybe they should just remove the legal protection for pigeons crows etc  (afforded to other species) and put them with rabbits .rats etc .which can be controlled year round and require no licence general or otherwise .

The birds would obviously  still need to be dispatched humanely as in the same manner as mammals. 

This would end any confusion around crop protection or health issues etc.

And while they are at it .add herring guls to the list too please .

Far too simplistic?

I agree with the sentiments behind this petition and have added my name to it BUT as I pointed out in the GL thread this petition will simply elicit the same response from the BBC as the call for his sacking did just two or three years ago. he is a freelancer and not an employee.

Read this: No action over Chris Packham, BBC Trust rules

The man even stated as much in an interview on R4 a couple of days ago when he was asked about his appearance at the climate change protest in London.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

That maybe correct but the BBC should stop giving him a platform that helps him to promote his agenda.

They should stop doing a lot of things that contribute to bias and breach their charter regarding impartiality but going over the same old ground and tactics won't achieve that end.

Read this and weep No action over Chris Packham, BBC Trust rules

believe me I am as frustrated as you are and have signed this petition but as sure as eggs is eggs the BBC will merely respond with something along the lines of the above. Annoying yes, frustrating you bet!

16 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm with you on this, I don't think this petition will do much other than to further inflate his ego and give him another platform for publicity. 

You maybe correct in saying it will boost his ego but the point is, do we do nothing, I don’t care if it inflates his ego so long as the general public get to here about our side of the story, I honestly believe that most of the public do not know or understand just how many people are involved with country sports/shooting, the only thing they see/hear is the **** put out by the likes of Peckham and his mob, if this petition brings our side of the story out into the open then I say lets have more petitions like this.

I honestly dont know how this is going to work. I am not in to politics i go shooting to keep the pigeon off my farmers field as many of us do. My farmer told me before i started going pigeons use to cost him thousands a year by pulling fresh plants and seads and the gas gun didnt bother them thats why he asked me to go. I spoke to his brother who works on the farm and he days ive saved him close to 5 grand these past 12 month. Its not only when they are seeds, full sprout stalks get ruined from pigeons landing and crapin on them. Obv if ive saved him money but what hapens if i dont do it and he cant afford to plant, wouldnt that effect the supermarkets and veg that we all use on a daily basis 

Its not just a hobby or a sport its a job of protecting food industry and local businesses  

15 minutes ago, Miserableolgit said:

They should stop doing a lot of things that contribute to bias and breach their charter regarding impartiality but going over the same old ground and tactics won't achieve that end.

Read this and weep No action over Chris Packham, BBC Trust rules

believe me I am as frustrated as you are and have signed this petition but as sure as eggs is eggs the BBC will merely respond with something along the lines of the above. Annoying yes, frustrating you bet!

Perhaps we should have a demonstration/sit-in like the climate change protests? :hmm:

7 minutes ago, old'un said:

You maybe correct in saying it will boost his ego but the point is, do we do nothing, I don’t care if it inflates his ego so long as the general public get to here about our side of the story, I honestly believe that most of the public do not know or understand just how many people are involved with country sports/shooting, the only thing they see/hear is the **** put out by the likes of Peckham and his mob, if this petition brings our side of the story out into the open then I say lets have more petitions like this.

You make a good point, I just worry a petition like this will lead to him being given further airtime by mainstream media where he will only further his agenda, while our cause is ignored.