Ill informed opinion published as fact

KFC

Police propaganda!........They (through David Jameson PCC for West Mids) are trying to mitigate government financial cuts, by false claims designed to increase political pressure to recoup the shortfall from others such as shooters!.........False news!

Taittinger on our shoot - a fine champagne with a hint of collaboration. Can leave a bitter taste in the mouth for some?

Seriously - there is a very strong anti gun movement stirring the pot. Along with that unmentionable man from the BBC we are, as Pte Frazer repeatedly says "doomed!" Write to the paper, your MP and get your shooting associations to get involved!

The figures in the article don't even ad up, they say the police will loose £10 million this year and a certificate costs £88 , we pay £62 a difference of £26 so 10,000,000 divided by 26 is 384,615 and a bit. So that mean 384,615 people will apply or renew their certificate  to cost the 10 million but there are only  157,600 certificate holder. So are, A) we all renewing twice this year plus nearly 70,000 applying for the first time? or B) are there over 350,000 people applying for the first time this year? Or C) are they just making it up as the go along?

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Police propaganda!........They (through David Jameson PCC for West Mids) are trying to mitigate government financial cuts, by false claims designed to increase political pressure to recoup the shortfall from others such as shooters!.........False news!

Exactly.

The police have been pushing for full cost recovery for some years and have been told that before it can happen, they must deliver an efficient, cost effective service. 

I suspect this is old news, rehashed for whatever agenda ACPO have in mind, of which we’re all aware, but I find it staggering that GCN with a staff of ( allegedly ) three, always manages to get its voice heard via mainstream media more than ALL our shooting organisations can jointly, with a purpose built media centre, contacts in high and influential places, hundreds of thousands of members and millions of pounds worth of funding. 

We have bitter from Aldi in plastic cups coz we is posh ,1000 quid a day my God ,the divorce would cost me a lot more .Heh how about The P.CC And his assistant give up their non jobs and the £200,000 a year saved could be spent on the firearms dept 

Well im pretty sure we all pay the police force through our taxes .

That goes for all the services we receive. Including traffic policing .crime investigation and firearms applications .

So we already contribute around 70 % of the cost to process our application .

How about the next time that woman from the gun control" whatever they are called ". Wants a policeman to come out to her broken into shed /house /car she has to pay £50 for the visit .its only fair .why should the police /tax payer be funding her investigation .??? 

6 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

That goes for all the services we receive. Including traffic policing .crime investigation and firearms applications .

How about the next time that woman from the gun control" whatever they are called ". Wants a policeman to come out to her broken into shed /house /car she has to pay £50 for the visit .its only fair .why should the police /tax payer be funding her investigation .??? 

Good point well made!

It wouldn't be a problem to me if they said to cut cost we are doing away with licensing altogether Or set the price at £200 and do away with all the silly rules and red tape.

What a load of crock 

I’ll put my hand up I’ve paid more for a days shooting 

and very good it was too 

solution here 

same format for new applications 

renewal 

£10 a gun a year buy the license on line no checks no visit 

they’ll make a profit out of anyone with 2 or more 

seems fair more you have the more you pay 

usual rules regarding security cabinets etc 

just a few thoughts 

of 

6 hours ago, toontastic said:

Up here we always take our butlers shooting with us, nothing beats being served ice cold Moët and best beluga caviar when out shooting pigeons.

🤣 It`s getting difficult to find a good Butler in Blyth nowadays...... the real toffs have taken them all, my current Butler is rubbish, he can`t load the second Purdey quick enough and is rubbish at polishing the Rolls

14 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Don't underestimate the Gun Control Network, the Marshall-Andrews' have all of the contacts and clout required, just look them up?