Just a thought, weekly tv programme?

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

All excellent ideas count me in 

Also charlie jacoby is Great and idealy placed. 

Its time we pushed back .

Don’t wish to dampen spirits but I have been in contact with Charlie and this was his reply..

Hi David
Thanks for this. The first thing that springs to mind is: would they have us? We have raised the subject with various BBC and ITV producers over the years and they have said no. We live in hope.
In the meantime, we are happy where we are. The best reason to be on terrestrial TV is the perceived credibility, not the audience. At 1.5m, our monthly audience on YouTube already exceeds every single programme on Sky, C5 and C4, and most of what's on the BBC and ITV.
The TV landscape is changing. Netflix is here and bigger than the BBC. Apple TV and YouTube TV are coming. They, too, will be bigger than the BBC. We are already a 'YouTube series' so on the first rung of the ladder to be a scheduled show on YouTube.
We already help out programmes on BBC and ITV from time to time. Our own fighting find, via our share scheme, allows us to do more like that: Fcha.nl/shares
I think our strategy is right for the moment: wait for them to call us. Otherwise we risk being a six x 27min weekly series, buried on Sunday morning.
I hope this answers your question.
Regards Charlie

Edited by old'un

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Don’t wish to dampen spirits but I have been in contact with Charlie and this was his reply..

Hi David
Thanks for this. The first thing that springs to mind is: would they have us? We have raised the subject with various BBC and ITV producers over the years and they have said no. We live in hope.
In the meantime, we are happy where we are. The best reason to be on terrestrial TV is the perceived credibility, not the audience. At 1.5m, our monthly audience on YouTube already exceeds every single programme on Sky, C5 and C4, and most of what's on the BBC and ITV.
The TV landscape is changing. Netflix is here and bigger than the BBC. Apple TV and YouTube TV are coming. They, too, will be bigger than the BBC. We are already a 'YouTube series' so on the first rung of the ladder to be a scheduled show on YouTube.
We already help out programmes on BBC and ITV from time to time. Our own fighting find, via our share scheme, allows us to do more like that: Fcha.nl/shares
I think our strategy is right for the moment: wait for them to call us. Otherwise we risk being a six x 27min weekly series, buried on Sunday morning.
I hope this answers your question.
Regards Charlie

I don't think it is a damper Old'un. Charlie is clearly an astute man and has his finger on the pulse.

10 hours ago, Pistol p said:

It’ll never be allowed to happen. They wouldn’t show sporting shooting on TV even if its our medal winning Olympic team these days. Two of our representatives have done well in Dubai lately but you won’t see it reported on TV. They wouldn’t show any coverage when the UK done well in the winter 2018 Olympics, it was decided to show something less frightening to the public would be more suitable. The SKY country channel used to have some shooting matters covered but it seems to have gone very horsey these days. Guns on TV are related to crime and terrorism these days, guns are naughty and are used by naughty people. It’s a shame, I’d like to see shooting on terrestrial tv, but they won’t want people being encouraged to go out and buy a gun. 

They showed pheasant shooting on Downton Abbey 👍

On 04/05/2019 at 12:47, turbo33 said:

So we have Fieldsports britain, that in my opinion, is a very well produced programme, with probably very little funding to do more than be on youtube.

Packham crowd funded £36,000 to get where we are today. Estimates of 600,000 people who shoot in this country seem to be accepted as reasonable statistic. Others that don't necessarily shoot, but understand the real world of farming, conservation, etc etc, could easily double that figure. So if we crowd funded, say even £5 per head on those figures, £6m, would go a long way to getting Fieldsports Britain, or even another production on a television channel. We moan we don't have a media platform of note, so why not something along these lines? It would be wonderful to make fools of Countryfile!

all we have to do is re-start Farming Diary............an hour long progamme on a sunday midday............

On 06/05/2019 at 09:34, ditchman said:

all we have to do is re-start Farming Diary............an hour long progamme on a sunday midday............

I also enjoyed Bygones on Anglia by the same presenter ( Dixk Joice ) , the first half was life in the countryside in general and the second half was finding out about the different gadjets and tools connected with the great outdoors.

Maybe now a bit outdated but no doubt would still worth a watch .