In layman's terms.

Oh dear, that's a shame, he has used a picture of a racing pigeon with ringed legs with a damned great big green tick!

He has also used "stock" images of exotic fruit and vegetables that we would not be protecting, do you think this was rushed through without much thought?

So does he really understand what is currently happening?:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Oh dear, that's a shame, he has used a picture of a racing pigeon with ringed legs with a damned great big green tick!

He has also used "stock" images of exotic fruit and vegetables that we would not be protecting, do you think this was rushed through without much thought?

So does he really understand what is currently happening?:rolleyes:

and listening to him he seems to be in favour of the new licence 

I agree the pictures he has used are probably not the best idea but i feel the chap is reading and explaining the new set out terms as they are. Far more clear than some of the seemingly understood folk in these forums.

Hence me posting the video.

Just now, aga man said:

I agree the pictures he has used are probably not the best idea but i feel the chap is reading and explaining the new set out terms as they are. Far more clear than some of the seemingly understood folk in these forums.

Hence me posting the video.

Agreed.

Now when can we get on the peas?

3 hours ago, aga man said:

Peas are looking good J, just waiting for the pigeons to build a bit👍

Is that not contrary to the terms and conditions of the new GL's? Just playing devils advocate of course,  but crop protection or any other form of pest control, isn't about waiting until numbers are sufficient to make it worthwhile; it's about preventing damage from the outset. 😉

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Is that not contrary to the terms and conditions of the new GL's? Just playing devils advocate of course,  but crop protection or any other form of pest control, isn't about waiting until numbers are sufficient to make it worthwhile; it's about preventing damage from the outset. 😉

I will shoot pigeons there once they are causing a problem and all of the other deterrents have failed, which knowing the ground well ,they will. As within the terms of the GL.

27 minutes ago, JDog said:

Steady on Scully.  I was just reflecting on how the bogey man may have gone away then you pop up with this.

😀

25 minutes ago, aga man said:

I will shoot pigeons there once they are causing a problem and all of the other deterrents have failed, which knowing the ground well ,they will. As within the terms of the GL.

As will I; hence the winking emoticon. I intend to carry on as before, after making myself FULLY familiar with everything the GL's include, and ensuring both myself and the landowner and I are singing from the same song sheet. It's not what they know, it's what they can prove, and to be even more precise, it's what the landowner and I can prove and they can't disprove. 👍

I don't ever expect to be challenged, but you never know. It is my intention to be more knowledgeable than them. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

😀

As will I; hence the winking emoticon. I intend to carry on as before, after making myself FULLY familiar with everything the GL's include, and ensuring both myself and the landowner and I are singing from the same song sheet. It's not what they know, it's what they can prove, and to be even more precise, it's what the landowner and I can prove and they can't disprove. 👍

I don't ever expect to be challenged, but you never know. It is my intention to be more knowledgeable than them. 

Yes I agree Scully, we are not likely to be challenged and I dare say many people were still shooting pigeons last week ,blissfully un aware. As we pigeon shooters are mostly country men and conservationists I am sure we will all abide by whatever rules are set before us, but nice to be ahead of the game. Not that difficult really!

Keep up the good work chap:good:

On 05/05/2019 at 17:09, Scully said:

. It's not what they know, it's what they can prove, and to be even more precise, it's what the landowner and I can prove and they can't disprove. 👍

Exactly. Sitting around moaning about GL31 as it currently stands, is just time wasting. DEFRA are not going to be in a position to amend it in quick time and there is no guarantee even with all the protestations by our sporting organisations that they will change anything for the better. There are plenty of flaws in it that can be exploited in the pigeon shooters favour. But having the land-owner / farmer singing from the same hymn sheet is in my view critical. Gathering the evidence that NE are suggesting the shooter should record and retain is not as difficult as some would make out.

Edited by JJsDad