Hades pellet

old man

Not tried them but imagine they would expand better with FAC power as do any hollowpoint. I've had good results with .177 H&N Hunter Extremes (sub-12) though, so it's not to say the design won't still be effective at this power.  In .22 on the other hand I never had good accuracy at all. Might be that if you're going to have a less aerodynamic pellet in sub 12 then .177 is the way forward. Will get a tin of the Hades and give them a shot at some point, along with the regular JSBs.

Through all the rifles I've shot I've found the jsb exact jumbo a fantastic pellet. From group size to hitting power. I don't think I'll try the hades as I can't see what it will do to better it unless it puts them through a smaller single hole. 

My 1p pence worth is thst Sub 12 and expansion of pellets in flesh is never very much and you'll do better creating a bigger wound channel via penetration. Ideally through the head and that renders expansion irrelevant. 

15 hours ago, GingerCat said:

Through all the rifles I've shot I've found the jsb exact jumbo a fantastic pellet. From group size to hitting power. I don't think I'll try the hades as I can't see what it will do to better it unless it puts them through a smaller single hole. 

My 1p pence worth is thst Sub 12 and expansion of pellets in flesh is never very much and you'll do better creating a bigger wound channel via penetration. Ideally through the head and that renders expansion irrelevant. 

So i have and shoot the h+n hunter extreem pellet in .177 (the one with the cross hollow head ) i use them in a sub 12 pcp .and they go at around 735 fps  .

They are accurate out to 45 yds and still retain plenty of energy  at those distances .

So comparing them to a standard 8.4 grn jsb and a heavy bismag pellet. 

The bismag penetrates most and makes the narrowest wound channel of the 3 .with the extreem making a shallow but wider wound channel and the jsb sits in the middle. 

The bismag is great on tough squirrel skulls and for body shots on pigeons where more penetration is needed .

The extreems suffer in this regard especially on the pigeons. Again the jsb takes the middle ground. 

The extreem is fantastic on fragile rabbit heads where you want and get maximum impact over a wider area .the bis mag can easily over penetrate failing to impart enough energy into the brain of the rabbit . (Similar thing with rats ) 

Again the jsb takes the middle ground. 

The jsb really is a jack of all trades when it comes to terminal ballistics .but holds a single trump card over the others and that is longer range accuracy .

The combination of med wieght and high bc .keeps it stable in flight for longer (helping with the wind ) and retains a lot of energy at range .

So for me the bis mag and extreem are ,although excellent pellets ,a touch specilized in there usage .where as the jsb is a 1 pellet does all king. This applies to fac as much as it does sub 12 .

When we have good .177 slugs i might review this position. But until then a quality med weight round head wins for me for general work .

And i really only look to the others when i have a specific quarry /distance to engage .

Id presum the above info is relevant to the new hades also. 

My experience is a head shot to any air gun sized quarry and it's lights out within sensible range.  

The only exception for me to switch from a domed jsb is to a wadcutter for ferals in barns when I heart/lunge shoot them in efforts to prevent over penetration and damage to the shed. A rare occurrence these days but worked well at the ranges.  

I'd be interested in how the hades performs both in accuracy and expansion for the sub 12. F it matches the exact then I might try them.