Impact to RFD's & shotgun sales

With the recent debacle, I quite fancied treating myself to a Benelli 828u Sport, but a bit pointless if it's just going to sit in a cabinet. I can imagine retail sales of shotguns across the country will have halted. I can't imagine many now moving on the 2nd hand market either.

There are outlets like A1 Decoys that will be heavily hit by recent events. 

I only shoot pigeons once or twice a year, but frustrated that sporting shooting is being ruled out. I do do it to protect crops, for the farmer, but only at key times of the year.

Edited by varminter pb

hello, it is not so much about guns or equipment but the likes of George who manufactures cartridges and Just cartridge who have not long moved into a purpose built warehouse  holding an estimated million cartridges, saying that i am sure this will no doubt effect those companies and RFDs who sell a good percentage of pigeon shooting equipment. 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 05/05/2019 at 09:04, varminter pb said:

There are outlets like A1 Decoys that will be heavily hit by recent events. 

Probably why I got a magnet off eBay at a very knocked down rate. Would have cost me the same money for a set of telescopic arms from one of the main dealers who sell lots of gear. Picked it up for £22 complete with telescopic arms, my old orginal now about 7 or 8 years old cost me double that when I bought it.

Its an ill wind that blows nobody any good !

Natural England says they are good for scaring Pigeons, so looks like a good investment.

I believe effects will be minimal.

Stacks of people use their guns for nothing but Clay work.

Those that have a need for them for assorted field work will be able to continue with perhaps a hint more paperwork.

Edited by Dekers