Stock problem

Ianian57

The barrel should be free floating but with the Hogue stock but they do tend to rotate slightly. Plenty of videos on YouTube about how to bed the action and that usually sorts it out.

I did my 308 Hogue stock a year ago very easily using a 2 part epoxy putty, cost probably less than a quid and it makes a huge difference and it hasn`t budged since. Only 2 bolts hold the action onto the stock and you have to make sure that you dont epoxy the bolts into the pillar posts.  Resist the temptation to take apart after 24 hours just to see how it is getting along, leave as long as possible. It was very suprising to me just how little bedding compound was needed. 

I have deliberately not gone into the method here as it is pretty straight forward. Look for the Redneck method of rifle bedding. It can be as easy or complicated as you wish. I just wanted to make sure the action didn`t move and it`s as solid as it could be

There are also videos on trying to stiffen stocks but I haent found the need to do this as it may make the overall weight of the rifle to much for a sporter.

Edited by Flyboy1950