Wheeled duffle bags

Cornish lad

Hi all looking for some feedback on buying one of these for holidays ,always just had a suitcase but just wondered about these being able to store away when not in use .i have an Aussie mate who does mega amount of travelling and swears by them unfortunately you can't buy his make in the uk (won't export ) so anyone out there using one of these ??and looking for something of good quality from uk thanks in advance 👍👍

18 minutes ago, Cornish lad said:

Hi all looking for some feedback on buying one of these for holidays ,always just had a suitcase but just wondered about these being able to store away when not in use .i have an Aussie mate who does mega amount of travelling and swears by them unfortunately you can't buy his make in the uk (won't export ) so anyone out there using one of these ??and looking for something of good quality from uk thanks in advance 👍👍

Google 'Wheeled Duffle Bags'. Plenty on Amazon / Ebay etc.

I have one and it is good quality but I think it may be too big for you.  It has two compartments, one in the tray/bottom and the main soft compartment.  Pity your so far away ... assuming Cornwall.....or you could have a look.  This one was from Cabela's in the USA and I think their won brand. 

42 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Very good and often sold as sports or dive bags. Fold flat for storage. Good quality ones are highly recommended. Only problem I had with the dive bag was the zips did not like salt and eventually locked solid, probably as I didnt rinse often enough.

I have had numerous ones BUT I always got them with nylon zips, never had an issue.  I have never understood the manufacturers using metal zips. I suppose it increases repeat sales

When I travelled a lot I reverted back to a case as 90% of the time the duffel bag had to go through special baggage - the reasons varied, required extra security screening, jammed the belts, couldn’t be stacked in transport containers were the usual ones. 

Not sure if things have changed now. 

I had a helly Hansen that had wheels but no solid base or rigid handle (the handle was a webbing strap on the end) and a nultitude if comoression straps, it was huge and you could easily go well over weight. 

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

I have had numerous ones BUT I always got them with nylon zips, never had an issue.  I have never understood the manufacturers using metal zips. I suppose it increases repeat sales

Unfortunately even the nylon zips jam with salt if they use the fine type rather than really course ones. For general travel though it is all academic.

Berghaus Mule 100 (from 2012) was very good, mine has survived a lot of travelling and still going strong. Unfortunately it looks to have been discontinued now, but if you manage to find a good used one at a fair price it might be worth a look. As has been mentioned above, there is a lot to choose from, so hopefully you’ll find something to suit. Have a look round the outdoor stores, they should have a good selection to look at.