Budget movie style safe build up.

12 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Id be more impressed here for a reason to own 9 ars 😅

Honestly,  the accuracy starts dropping after about 15-20 thousand rounds.  If you reload, 223 is cheap here.  The last 55g bullets I bought last week was $55 shipped for 1000 projectiles.  With powder and primers I come out to about $120  per 1000 loaded rounds.  Not sure the conversion to euros on that but it’s  cheap.    With my Dillion 650 progressive press I can run out about 1500 rds in a hour. I have a system where I shoot holes in everything we throw in the garbage.  Bottles,  milk jugs, old books.  Every thing gets shot up before in goes in the trash.  

8 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

When the American assault weapon ban was lifted in 2004 police departments were setting on thousands of AR15s.  Suddenly they could be sold to the public and they dumped their old 20in rifles and bought 14.5 carbines.  Back then you could buy a complete rifle cheaper then parts to repair a carbine.  I used to shoot thousands of rounds a month and bought about 15 rifles to use as parts for my carbines.  This safe is going to house my overflow guns that don’t get shot much.  I have a diverse collection but I keep my favorite stuff in my inside safes.  

THANKS for the update , your collection of guns is no doubt far bigger than my local gun shop have in stock :lol:

All the very best and good luck with your fore coming house building project .

8 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Honestly,  the accuracy starts dropping after about 15-20 thousand rounds.  If you reload, 223 is cheap here.  The last 55g bullets I bought last week was $55 shipped for 1000 projectiles.  With powder and primers I come out to about $120  per 1000 loaded rounds.  Not sure the conversion to euros on that but it’s  cheap.    With my Dillion 650 progressive press I can run out about 1500 rds in a hour. I have a system where I shoot holes in everything we throw in the garbage.  Bottles,  milk jugs, old books.  Every thing gets shot up before in goes in the trash.  

In the UK we still use the good old £ (Pound Sterling) so most would not know the conversion rate for $ (US dollar) into € (Euro) either! Lol!

The UK never joined the EU currency.....and the UK has voted to exit the EU....so we will never have to....hopefully!

With a massive firearm market, economy of scale allows US citizens to buy cheap components, here we have a relatively small market, they call us "treasure island" because everything is expensive especially after the government has creamed their cut off the top!

I'm sure many shooters over here envy the freedom you have over there to do such as "shoot everything up before it goes in the trash" if you choose to! It has been known for a lone pigeon shooter going about his own business, to be surrounded by an armed response unit of the police complete with assault rifles and clothing and circling helicopters, just because some random dog walker has reported an armed man in the fields!.....hang on to your freedoms, shame we didn't!

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

In the UK we still use the good old £ (Pound Sterling) so most would not know the conversion rate for $ (US dollar) into € (Euro) either! Lol!

The UK never joined the EU currency.....and the UK has voted to exit the EU....so we will never have to....hopefully!

With a massive firearm market, economy of scale allows US citizens to buy cheap components, here we have a relatively small market, they call us "treasure island" because everything is expensive especially after the government has creamed their cut off the top!

I'm sure many shooters over here envy the freedom you have over there to do such as "shoot everything up before it goes in the trash" if you choose to! It has been known for a lone pigeon shooter going about his own business, to be surrounded by an armed response unit of the police complete with assault rifles and clothing and circling helicopters, just because some random dog walker has reported an armed man in the fields!.....hang on to your freedoms, shame we didn't!

We are starting to see a influx of loonies.  They look for every reason to call the cops. 

On 06/05/2019 at 17:43, silver pigeon69 said:

I think all Gun safes have to be certified here? With a Kite mark or similar. Logic doesn't come into it!

You can definitely use a security safe, they're explicitly mentioned in the firearms security guide.  IIRC there's a video of Dave Carrie commenting on his.

Not sure my floors would take one... and not sure the wife would be keen on having something that size around the house!

I’m going to take a safe,  then I’m going to sheet it with dark oak cabinetry.  Then line the inside with a nice fabric.  Make a classy looking cabinet.  But it will still be secure. I will put my SxS, and over unders in it. 

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Looking forward to it!:good:

Rather than the electricians tape, could you get some lengths of heat-shrink and cover the threads that way?

Yes,  I ordered 25 ft off heat shrink. But it came in 4in sections.  I thought it would be a roll. So I was going to make it happen last night so I tape is what I had.  I also bought rubber tool handle dip but it was to thick. 

So ordered some magnets that hold a few guns to the wall.  I ordered ones that a 71lbs pull.  I honestly can barley get them off.  I ended up putting some rubber on them as they would grab my guns and slam them into the magnet.  I’m going to reorder them in the 35lbs pull.   These are so strong that my guns are magnetic after removing them.

92874D07-A521-48A0-8090-192A55CBEA6D.jpeg

692F9FD0-6460-4AF5-B754-BF3061CF833F.jpeg

On 07/05/2019 at 01:12, NoBodyImportant said:

Thats cheap. Really cheap. 

And slightly jealous 😅

• 1 month later...

Finally got my black storage bins off of back order.  I will be organizing my pistol collection when ever I get to my parents house to get them.  I bought 6 bins but only ended up using 4.  I might take the middle shelf out and use all 6 stack bins  but it’s a little tight to get stuff out when I use all 6. I put magazines in the bins to test my lighting out to see how well you can see in the bins.  

799FD2FF-DD14-4EB3-88DF-AAFDD5215086.jpeg