Time to buy?

15 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Is it because no one can go shooting at the moment? Dealers will just hang onto stock until it all starts again not drop prices. 

Correct. If your local shop or dealer is having a thin time of it as a result of the current fiasco, he just wont be re-ordering from the importer or the factory. I dont for one minute think you will see a drop in prices because vermin control has dropped off for the last couple of weeks.

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:45, Lloyd90 said:

The prices will never go down. 

Not sure the point of this post? 

Is it because no one can go shooting at the moment? Dealers will just hang onto stock until it all starts again not drop prices. 

But people CAN go shooting.

I've just bought some Hull and Eley 20 gauge shells from J.C. The pattern in my Pedretti moderated is excellent. 

I'm still in a quandary as to how and what to shoot. Do I need a license? Do my farmers need them as well? What about having to use scarecrows and signs and bangers? 😵

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/05/2019 at 17:45, Lloyd90 said:

The prices will never go down. 

Not sure the point of this post? 

Couldn't agree more.

I know hold less than a quarter of the cartridges I used to hold becauase I no longer expect to see the massive price rises we used to see. 

I can get good, faily priced cartridges in the local gunshop, £48 for fibre wadded shells less than a mile from the house.

Consequently I have more room to store other stuff as I don't have to store 10000 shells anymore.

Tightchoke I'm the same, when there was a big saving special on I would stockpile. But last few years has been more steady with increases and decreases in small amounts.

If the prices go up a chunk on my chosen cart I will look for another more reasonable in price.