Gloves

getthegat

I brought a set last year, I did intend on using them specifically on the clays but I ended up using them all through the winter round the perms too, I wore them on their own and found their enough to keep your hands from seizing up. 

For £30 odd you can't really go wrong they are extremely comfortable and prove excellent grip, just make sure you pick up a pair a half size smaller than what you need to allow for them stretching a bit. 

I have a pair of Macwets that I have used, not my favourites and not waterproof at least mine aren't. On a wet, windy, cold day my hands were soaked and colder with them on. I have a couple of pairs of Sealskinz one pair shooting gloves with the bendy finger thing and they are fine. Cold days beating or stood on a peg when I can take gloves off to shoot I use Sealskinz Dragon Eyes very good fit, warm and so far waterproof.  

I've tried loads over the years including MW's and find an old pair of Northface the best but they don't make anything similar anymore, MW's are good but not really any better than bog standard 'crane' fishing gloves from Aldi which suffice and a handy price if you forgive the pun

MW are the only ones I seem to be able to get on with. Fantastic grip in the wet, good for keeping the wind out. They are as waterproof as a string vest though. I don't really suffer from cold hands and they have served me well,shooting in rain, sleet, snow for the last 2 years

i have tried various types but they are either warm and waterproof but made of neoprene and too 'springy' or warm and waterproof but as slippery as a Defence Secretary.  Had some "ice cold" golfers gloves bur they were a bit tight but functional 

MWs sizing seems a bit off. I normally take extra large/10s.  These are too big. Went down to 9.5s , still as slack as a Wizards sleeve

just saying

Good in the dry year round.... but stay wet and get cold when they’re wet. 

I wear them all the time but try and keep them dry if it rains.

Bought a pair last week from A1 Decoy over the phone as the pwmember5 discount code wouldn’t work......really helpful and they posted them by 1st class straight away despite being after their stated cut-off time.

The gloves arrived here up on the West  Coast next day.....inside 24hours! 

......just been on to the website to check the price I paid and see they’ve gone up to £32.99 to match the eBay shop price... I paid £24.99 less the 5% with free delivery... so you might be able to blag it?

Fizz

Edited by fizzbangwhallop

I get on well with them, and use them for all my shooting.  They are not meant to be waterproof, the name implies that they will grip a wet golf club ?  If you go to the Shooting Show, they have a stand, and will fit you exactly.  Makes all the difference.

On 06/05/2019 at 07:59, mgsontour said:

I've tried loads over the years including MW's and find an old pair of Northface the best but they don't make anything similar anymore, MW's are good but not really any better than bog standard 'crane' fishing gloves from Aldi which suffice and a handy price if you forgive the pun

I used the ALDI  crane fishing gloves in driving cold rain at the boar the other week  hands where warm good grip but the rain did get though eventually but like I said it was driving rain and for a fiver you can’t go wrong

Edited by Jacko3275

Ive switched from MacWets to Ariat gloves. I wasnt that impressed with the MW. Goid grip but they started to fall apart way to quick amd were rubbish in the wet on game day. Ariat are cheap, seem better built and do mesh back, normal and insukated ones which im hoping to use on those wet days out in the field next season.